Diagram of the Eye
Study the diagram below or click here for an interactive study guide and game!
- Cornea: curved to bend light into your eye, its tough and clear like a windshield to protect your eye from dust.
- Pupil: a hole in the middle of the iris that changes size to let in more or less light.
- Iris: the colored part of the eye with two muscles to open and close the pupil.
- Retina: the lining inside the back of your eye has many layers including light sensitive cells that change light into messages for your brain.
- Optic Nerve: carries the messages from the retina to the brain.
- Lens: clear and flexible, the lens changes shape to focus light on the retina.