OKAP® International Exam
Ophthalmic Knowledge Assessment Program (OKAP®) International is a 260-item multiple choice, exam for ophthalmology trainees around the world to assess their knowledge and for programs to assess their educational effectiveness.
If your program is interested in having your residents take the OKAP International exam, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Programs are encouraged to take the exam between April and September.
The OKAP International exam is the same test given to U.S. trainees and most questions are based on information derived from the AAO’s Basic and Clinical Science Course (BCSC) books.
OKAP International allows program directors to:
- Give a standardized, objective test to evaluate trainees’ knowledge each year
- Evaluate how trainees are performing relative to one another
- Look at which subspecialties need more attention
- Determine how trainees compare with those taking the OKAP exam in the United States
OKAP International allows trainees to:
- Accurately assess their amount of ophthalmic knowledge and chart their progress year to year
- Compare their percentile rank against their peers and trainees from the United States
- Use the Keyword Report to identify specific areas needing improvement within the subspecialties
For more information, contact email@example.com or +1-415-447-0398.
OKAP International Resource: