Setting wellness goals is one thing, staying on track to achieve them is another. Try using apps and health trackers to monitor your progress and keep you motivated. These useful tools may be just what you need to make strides in the right direction. From fitness and sleep to mental health, here are just a few examples of tech that can help you on your wellness journey.
- Blood pressure: Log pressure measurements, keep track of medication and more using blood pressure apps or a blood pressure monitoring watch. Although these tools cannot perfectly check your blood pressure, they can help you monitor and keep your pressure in check.
- Fitness: However you chose to exercise, there is a fitness app out there for you. Ones like Map My Fitness are great to log daily physical activities while the Peloton app gives you access to thousands of classes, with or without equipment. Regardless of how you use them, these tools can give you the motivation you need to stay moving.
- Mental health: Keeping track of your mental health can have positive ripple effects in your personal and professional life. Consider using apps to help you mediate, journal, log your moods and more.
- Nutrition and hydration: Use apps like MyFitnessPal and others to help you eat healthy and stay hydrated. They can chart your calorie intake, help you plan your meals or simply give you reminders to drink water throughout your busy day.
- Sleep: These trackers can reveal patterns—good and bad—in your sleeping habits. From wearable devices to those that sit under a mattress, there are countless options to choose from. Recognizing your sleep patterns could be the key to optimizing your snoozes and getting you the rest you need.
So much tech, so little time. When it comes to wearable fitness trackers, there are tons of smartwatches that will log your activity throughout the day. There are the common ones like the Apple Watch and Fitbit, but there are also fitness-specific devices like the WHOOP, a sturdy tracker that is popular in the CrossFit community. Of course, you don’t always have to buy a new device to log your fitness journey—sometimes apps on your smartphone may be ample.
Or for those who prefer to go analog, try out bullet journaling. A fusion of a planner and diary, you can customize the system to fit your needs and style. Write out any goals you may have, create a plan and track anything and everything with just a simple notebook and pen.
How do you track your wellness journey and stay motivated? Share your favorite tips below!