DEC 11, 2019
ICD-10 Code for Orbital Roof Fracture
Question: Is there a diagnosis code for orbital roof fracture?
Answer: Effective Oct. 1, 2019 you can now use S02.12 Fracture of orbital roof. For example, S02.121A is for the initial encounter of a closed right orbital roof fracture. The sixth character in the code indicates laterality (1 = right, 2 = left). The seventh and final character provides state and type of fracture:
- A for initial encounter, closed fracture
- B for initial encounter, open fracture
- D for subsequent encounter with routine healing
- G for subsequent encounter with delayed healing
- K for subsequent encounter for fracture with nonunion
- S for sequela.
Learn more about diagnoses in the ICD-10-CM for Ophthalmology.