Managing the business of ophthalmology can be overwhelming with constant changes to rules and regulations. The American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives® is here to help simplify the process by providing clear and concise background information as well as tools to implement regulations.
Under the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System, CMS evaluates providers' performance based on four weighted categories in 2019.
MIPS 2019: A Primer and Reference: EyeNet’s MIPS manual features at-a-glance lists of quality measures and improvement activities, a quick overview of the EHR-based promoting interoperability performance category, and much more.
Payer audits may be unavoidable in an ophthalmologist's practice. The reality is that it's common for a physician to be audited at least once during his or her career. If you get a request for records or are simply being proactive in preparing for an audit, the Academy has the resources you need. Learning what an audit involves is valuable, even if you never face one.
The Academy's audit resource is designed to help you protect your revenue and establish protocols to assure your documentation is up to date.
However, the audit resource is only one tool in your arsenal for preparing for an audit. Check out more Academy resources:
- Coding Audit Success Toolkit: This easily downloaded resource contains helpful checklists and guidelines that you'll refer to again and again.
- Tips for appealing terminations from Medicare Advantage and commercial plans
- Medicare Advantage contract negotiations
- Alternative Payment Models, Part 1: A Primer
- Alternative Payment Models, Part 2: Payment Types