Dust off your acting skills and enter the Academy’s YO Innovate Video Competition, Nov. 13 to 27, using footage from AAO 2015. Entering is easy — just submit a short video that demonstrates how you benefit from innovation at the Academy’s annual meeting.
AAO 2015 in Las Vegas will serve as your backdrop and the instruction courses, Skills Transfer labs, YO Program and other learning opportunities will be your stage. Integrating the AAO 2016 “innovate” theme, tell other YOs why they should attend AAO 2016 in Chicago.
Need ideas? Consider the following questions:
- What was an interesting innovation that you learned about at AAO 2015?
- What future innovations do you hope or imagine will occur in ophthalmology?
- How does the Academy’s annual meeting inspire you to innovate?
- How will you innovate when you return to your practice with what you learned at AAO 2015?
- As a young ophthalmologist, how does attending the meeting advance your career or better prepare you for the future?
- What opportunities does the Academy’s annual meeting provide for YOs that are not available during residency?
- Deadline: Submit your video by Nov. 23, 2015.
- How to submit your video: Visit the YO Innovate Video Competition tab on the Academy’s Facebook page and follow the instructions to upload your YouTube, Instagram or Vine video. Use the #aaoyovideo hashtag for all video competition submissions. Contact email@example.com if you have submission questions.
- Length: Two minutes maximum. One video per YO. If you submit a team video which is selected as a winner, only one prize will be given to one member of the team which you designate.
- Format: Use a smartphone video camera or other low-tech video recording device.
- Eligibility: All domestic and international YOs are eligible. The Academy defines a YO as a member in training (resident or undergoing fellowship training) and those in their first five years of practice. Academy YO Committee and YO subcommittee members can judge the videos, but cannot submit a video.
- HIPAA Considerations: If the patient in the video is individually identifiable, the author will need to obtain written consent from the patient to publish the video on the Internet.
Videos will be judged by members of the YO Committee on originality and on how well AAO 2016 and the “Innovate” theme are incorporated.
Three winners will be chosen and their videos will be posted on the Academy’s YouTube channel and used in promotional material for AAO 2016. All videos will appear on the Academy’s Facebook page. Winners will also receive the following prizes*:
1st Place: Two Prizes — See Below
- One Academy Plus course pass for AAO 2016 in Chicago: Offers unlimited access to more than 350 instruction courses.
- Two 2016 Orbital Gala tickets: You and a guest will experience the fabulous 2016 Orbital Gala, courtesy of the Foundation. All ophthalmologists — from residency to retirement — benefit from Academy education, quality of care and service programs supported largely by Foundation funding. Give back and help keep these vital programs going!
2nd Place: The Latest, Greatest Products from the Academy Store
Choose from one of the following:
2016 Ophthalmic Coding: Learn to Code the Essentials: Learn how to code with this handy resource that includes the nine topics every practice should know — features ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes.
2016 Focal Points Print Plus Digital Subscription: Each monthly issue of Focal Points covers a specific clinical topic in 16 pages or fewer.
$150 gift certificate to the Purple Pig, a Michelin Bib Gourmand award-winning restaurant in Chicago
* The Academy reserves the right to use all entrants names and videos for promotional purposes.