To participate in the IRIS™ Registry, you or at least one member of your practice must a be a U.S. Academy member in good standing.
Ways to Participate
You can use the IRIS Registry's powerful analytics and benchmarking tools with either:
- A qualified electronic health record system; OR
- The IRIS Registry Web portal.
How to Sign Up
- See if your EHR system has already been set up for the IRIS Registry. If not, contact your vendor.
- Review the Data & Technical FAQs.
- Complete the IRIS Registry Application.
To use the IRIS Registry Web portal option to report for PQRS, go directly to the application (step 3).
Once we've process your application, we'll contact you about software installation or data entry (Web portal customers only).
EHR System Integration Process
This process will take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the availability of staff at the practice and schedules:
- Verify that your EHR system is certified through the federal HIT Certification Program.
- Sign and return the Business Associate and Registry Participation Agreements for your practice.
- Beginning in April, we will send you EHR-specific instructions on how to download and install the Light Weight Connector software on the server/workstation of your choosing.
- After you complete and confirm installation of the LWC software, we will confirm that we can connect to your EHR system and start mapping data.
Initial mapping and review
- During mapping, phase one, we will provide an EHR spreadsheet and a practice scorecard.
- The EHR spreadsheet will provide data on mapped information: appointment types, insurance, race and ethnicity, data elements, and provider count.
- The practice scorecard will provide detailed information on the mapped and unmapped data measures and elements.
- After these two reports are completed, we will schedule an online web conference call with appropriate practice staff to discuss the reports. Meeting will cover:
- What needs to be completed for registry setup.
- How to use the scorecard.
- Practice returns completed spreadsheet.
- First test extract from system. which takes a few days. Afterward we will set up another online web conference call to review the data and make any necessary mapping adjustments from information your practice may provide during the conference call.
- Once the mapping has been refined, we will either:
- Move the practice to maintenance if the data quality is good or
- Produce a full test extract and again look to review it together.
We will also provide an executive summary report, showing the practice's measure performance rate for each location and physician.
- After we review the full test extract and make any mapping refinements, the practice will be placed into maintenance and will begin receiving regular monthly reports.
- Once the practice is placed into the maintenance queue, we will look to the practice to establish how and when they would like to proceed with any additional mapping refinements. We can continue to update and refine mapping across time to improve data and/or incorporate any changes such as an EHR version upgrade via conference calls, web conference calls, or via email exchange.