The Academy conducted its 2015 election from Nov. 16 to Dec. 15. A total of 16,764 ballots were sent to the membership, of which 2,284 were returned for tabulation.
The election results for the Board of Trustees officers and the trustee-at-large position are as follows:
- President-Elect - Cynthia A. Bradford, MD
- Senior Secretary for Clinical Education - Louis B. Cantor, MD
- Trustee-at-Large - Michael F. Chiang, MD
- Trustee-at-Large - Cynthia Mattox, MD
- Chair, The Council - Mathew W. MacCumber, MD, PhD
- Vice Chair, The Council - Lynn K. Gordon, MD, PhD
The amendment to Bylaws Article 1.13 to allow the establishment of a new affiliate membership category so that members of the AAOE (American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives) can be recommended for Affiliate Membership in the Academy was approved by an 89 percent affirmative vote.
The amendments to Bylaws Articles: 1.20, 2.05, 2.08, 3.01, 3.02, 3.03, 3.04, 3.05, 4.01, 4.02, 4.03, 4.04, 4.05, 4.06, 4.07, 4.08, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01, 5.03, 5.04, 6.02, 6.03, 6.05 and Procedural Rules: B, E, H and K to clarify the title of officer in compliance with Internal Revenue Service regulations were approved by a 97 percent affirmative vote.
The amendments to Code of Ethics rules B.2 and B.6 to more specifically define appropriate ethical behavior for members when providing informed consent and pretreatment assessment were approved by a 94 percent affirmative vote.
The amendment to Code of Ethics Administrative Procedure 4(a)2 to more specifically define appropriate ethical behavior when engaging in communications surrounding an Ethics Committee investigation was approved by a 94 percent affirmative vote.
- Total ballots distributed: 16,764
- Valid returns for candidates: 2,284
- Percent total returns: 14
- Voting by mail: 917
- Voting by Internet: 1,367
Results supplied by the Academy’s election agent, Intelliscan, Inc.