American Society of Ophthalmic Surgery™
Plan now to join us in Washington, D.C. for the 2015 Congressional Advocacy Day to be held in conjunction with the Mid-Year Forum from April 15 to 16
in Washington, D.C. and is free for members to attend.
Registration for CAD is free and is now available until March 20.
CAD is a unique opportunity to lobby members of Congress on the issues that affect your practice and your patients.
- To prepare members for their appointments on Capitol Hill, participants will be briefed regarding the Academy's top legislative issues during the CAD Dinner on April 15 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.*
- In 2014, more than 350 Eye M.D.s attended meetings on Capitol Hill with their senators and representative and/or legislators' staff to present the concerns and positions of the profession.
- The Academy prepares you with a full issue briefing, including background information and talking points on the issues, as well as tips on effective lobbying—everything you need to make your meetings on Capitol Hill successful.
- Participants in Congressional Advocacy Day have the opportunity to earn an Achievement Award point.
- Watch the What To Know Before You Go webinar to prepare for your Capitol Hill appointments.
*For the CAD Dinner Briefing on April 15, dinner will be served between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.. Meals cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals.
Be an advocate for our patients and our profession! Participate in Congressional Advocacy Day and play a vital role in communicating with our national legislators about issues of importance to ophthalmology during these critical times. Join hundreds of your colleagues and me in Washington, DC in 2015!
Gregory L. Skuta, MD - Academy President
Read first-hand reports and perspectives from Congressional Advocacy Day 2014 in the Academy’s online community. Join the conversation today.