OCT 29, 2018
Panelists Name 2018 Best Original Papers
During AAO 2018’s Original Papers sessions, the expert panels moderating those presentations each named the paper that they rate most highly.
This year’s most highly rated papers are as follows:
- Cataract (Part 1) — Intracameral Cefuroxime, Moxifloxacin, and Vancomycin: Their Doses, Abatement Rates, and Relative Efficacies in Preventing Postoperative Endophthalmitis (Presenting author: Steve A. Arshinoff, MD)
- Cataract (Part 2) — Prediction Error Correlation Between Fellow Eyes Undergoing Cataract Surgery (Presenting author: Steven M Naids MD)
- Cornea, External Disease (Part 1) — Comparative Evaluation of Intrastromal Injections of Voriconazole, Amphotericin B, and Natamycin in Fungal Keratitis (Presenting author: Namrata Sharma, MD, MBBS)
- Cornea, External Disease (Part 2) — New Surgical Approach in the Management of Keratoconus: Intralamellar Strengthening Keratoplasty (Presenting author: Rami Bagh, MD)
- Glaucoma (Part 1) — Differential Associations With Macular Nerve Fiber Layer and Ganglion Cell Complex Thickness in a Large Cohort (Presenting author: Anthony P. Khawaja, MBBS)
- Glaucoma (Part 2)—Schlemm and Collector Channel Imaging (Presenting author: Alex Ansun Huang, MD).
- Neuro-Ophthalmology — Long-term Efficacy of Fractionated Conformal Radiotherapy for the Management of Primary Optic Nerve Sheath Meningiomas (Presenting author: Ravi Pandit, MD)
- Oculoplastics, Orbit — Rodent Xenograft Model of Lacrimal Gland Adenoid Cystic Carcinom (Presenting author: Van Ann Q. Tran, MD)
- Pediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismus — Assessment of Pediatric Foveal Vasculature Using Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography (Presenting author: Stephanie Tammy Hsu, BA)
- Refractive Surgery — Novel Altered Stromal Molecular Pathways Associated With Post-SMILE Ectasia (Presenting author: Pooja Khamar, MBBS, MS)
- Retina, Vitreous (Part 1) — Pigmentary Maculopathy Associated With Chronic Exposure to Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium (Presenting author: Nieraj Jain, MD)
- Retina, Vitreous (Part 2a) — Outcomes of Eyes Lost to Follow-up With Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy That Received PRP vs. Intravitreal Anti-VEGF (Presenting author: Anthony Obeid, MD)
- Retina, Vitreous (Part 2b) — Photovoltaic Restoration of Central Vision in Atrophic Dry AMD (Presenting author: Jose A. Sahel, MD)
- Uveitis, Intraocular Inflammation — Phase 3 Efficacy Data of Suprachoroidally Injected CLS-TA for Macular Edema due to Noninfectious Uveitis (Presenting author: Rahul Khurana, MD)
Next story from AAO 2018—Stem Cell-Derived RPE Cell Transplants for Advanced Dry AMD: Phase 1 results from a multicenter trial.