Promotional opportunities — available exclusively to exhibiting companies — are the perfect way to increase the visibility of your message, improve booth traffic and generate sales leads. Capture the attention of attendees through pre-show mailers, on-site signage and advertising.
Sales are now open. Log into the Exhibitor Portal to submit your request.
The Academy reviews all requests as they come in. Assignments of opportunities to specific companies are made on a first-come basis.
Review Promotional Opportunities Policies, Terms and Conditions.
How to Reserve
Follow the process outlined below to secure opportunities:
- Log into the Exhibitor Portal.
- In the exhibitor Checklist you will see Promotional Opportunities. Click the link to open a new window that contains a number of tabs across the top.
- Under each tab select the opportunities that you are interested in.
Note: You are not purchasing items at this time. Rather you are only submitting a request for items.
- In the "Order" tab you will see all the opportunities you have selected.
To remove items from your order, return to the previous tab(s) and click the “Remove” button next to the line item you no longer wish to request.
- In the "Summary" tab you will again see a list of all the opportunities you have selected.
At the bottom of the screen you will see a grey "Pay Later" button. You will not be able to make a payment/purchase items at this time.
You will be asked to read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
When you click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page an auto-generated email will be sent confirming that the Academy has received your request.
- Send a separate email to email@example.com ranking your top priorities with one (1) being your first choice. By submitting a ranked list of your selected options you will greatly assist in the assignment of opportunities.
- An official confirmation email for your specific placement(s), including instructions to complete your purchase, will be sent separately. It may take a few days to assign opportunities – your patience is greatly appreciated.
- Companies will have five (5) business days from notification of placement(s) to review their final list. You may drop an assigned promotional opportunity at this time without penalty.
Promotional opportunities that have been requested by the exhibiting company, assigned by the Academy and then accepted by the exhibiting company will have a 100% cancelation fee.
In the event the annual meeting is not held at all, the promotional opportunity fees will be refunded less any actual costs incurred by the Academy or its vendors to produce the promotional item.
Third parties are event management firms, marketing firms or other organizations hired by an exhibiting company to handle exhibit details, logistics, publicity and advertising, etc.
Third parties cannot secure meeting space, promotional opportunities, etc. unless an exhibiting company has first submitted a signed Third Party Authorization Form, confirming permission for a specific third party to work on its behalf. This third party arrangement will not be considered when granting the extension of deadlines.
If you are a third party, working on behalf of an exhibiting company:
- Fill out and sign this request form (PDF 208KB) to have the Academy contact the exhibiting company to complete a Third Party Authorization form.
- If you are an exhibiting company, do not complete or sign this form. (See below.)
- Email the completed request form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (415) 561-8576.
If you are an exhibiting company:
Once authorized, Third Parties can log into the Exhibitor Portal, view a list of their clients and complete tasks available in the exhibitor checklist.
Click on the options below to view:
- Full descriptions,
- Mechanical and digital requirements.
Many of these links will lead to the Envision website run by our exhibition management firm, Freeman, who will be producing branding and advertising opportunities for the Academy. Be sure to review the maps and "Marketing Production Information" sections of the their site.
Level 1, Sands Expo/Venetian
Level 2, Sands Expo/Venetian
Meeting and Other Support
The American Academy of Ophthalmology Foundation provides funding for the Academy’s educational, quality of care and service programs, which benefit physicians and patients worldwide. Consult the Spring 2020 Prospectus (PDF 731KB) for opportunities to support AAO 2020 educational programs such as Subspecialty Day, Cataract Monday, the Learning Lounge, Academy Café, Poster Theater, Virtual Meeting and the AAOE Practice Management Program.
Earn Priority Points for Promotional Opportunities
Exhibitors can now earn additional Priority Points for Academy and Foundation sponsorship support, and for aggregate advertising spend. Exhibitors will be able to accumulate up to an additional 10 points in each area for a total of 20 points.
The points will be accumulated based on the following scale:
|$1,500 < $49,999
|| 1 point
|$50,000 - $99,000
|| 2 points
|$100,000 - $149,000
|| 3 points
|$150,000 - $199,000
|| 4 points
|$200,000 - $249,000
|| 5 points
|$250,000 - $299,000
|| 6 points
|$300,000 - $349,000
|| 7 points
|$350,000 - $399,000
|| 8 points
|$400,000 - $449,000
|| 9 points
|| 10 points
These points would be in addition to the current priority point system guidelines. Learn more about the Priority Point policy.