Promotional opportunities — available exclusively to exhibiting companies — are the perfect way to increase the visibility of your message, improve booth traffic and generate sales leads.
Recent Academy polling shows that nearly 60% of survey respondents indicate that is "extremely" or "very" important for them to visit the exhibit hall. Capture their attention through pre-show mailers, on-site signage and advertising.
2019 sales are now open - all promotional opportunities are available on a first-come basis.
Review Promotional Opportunities Policies.
New! Earn Priority Points for Promotional Opportunities
Starting with AAO 2019, exhibitors can earn additional Priority Points for Academy and Foundation sponsorship support, and for aggregate advertising spend. Exhibitors will be able to accumulate up to an additional 10 points in each area for a total of 20 points.
The points will be accumulated based on the following scale:
|$1,500 < $49,999
|| 1 point
|$50,000 - $99,000
|| 2 points
|$100,000 - $149,000
|| 3 points
|$150,000 - $199,000
|| 4 points
|$200,000 - $249,000
|| 5 points
|$250,000 - $299,000
|| 6 points
|$300,000 - $349,000
|| 7 points
|$350,000 - $399,000
|| 8 points
|$400,000 - $449,000
|| 9 points
|| 10 points
These points would be in addition to the current priority point system guidelines.
Third parties are event management firms, marketing firms or other organizations hired by an exhibiting company to handle exhibit details, logistics, publicity and advertising, etc. Meeting space, promotional opportunities, etc. will not be assigned until the exhibiting company submits the signed Third Party Authorization Form, confirming authorization for a specific third party to work on its behalf. This third party arrangement will not be taken into account when granting the extension of deadlines.
If you are a third party, working on the behalf of an exhibiting company:
- Fill out and sign this request form (PDF 67KB) to have the Academy contact the exhibiting company to complete a Third Party Authorization form.
- Email the completed request form to email@example.com or fax to 415-561-8576.
If you are an exhibiting company meeting contact:
The primary contact for the exhibiting company must submit the Third Party Authorization form in the new Exhibitor Portal to authorize a company they have hired to work on their behalf.
Contact Academy staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How to Reserve
Review specific promotional opportunities below. Reserve a promotional opportunity in the new Exhibitor Portal.
Process to secure opportunities:
- Log into the Exhibitor Portal.
- In the exhibitor checklist you will see Promotional Opportunities. Click the link to open a new window with a number of tabs across the top.
- In each tab you will select the opportunities that you are interested in reserving and add them to your cart.
Note: You are not purchasing items at this time. Rather you are submitting a request to reserve a promotional opportunity only.
- In the "Order" tab you will see all the opportunities you have selected. You may remove items by following the link in each line item.
- In the "Summary" tab you will be asked about payment options. Since you are not fully ordering items, you will be forced to mark the "Pay Later" option indicating that your company will be invoiced for assigned opportunities.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions by signing in the provided box.
- Click the "Submit" button.
The Academy will review all requests as they come in and make assignments. An official confirmation of your placement(s), including instructions to complete your purchase, will follow. It may take a few days to assign opportunities.
Click on the options below to view:
- Full descriptions,
- Mechanical and digital requirements.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Meeting and Other Support