Make a bigger impact than you ever thought possible by becoming a Partners for Sight donor ($1,000 - $2,499). Support at this level enables our programs to develop more clinical content, educate more ophthalmologists and do even more good for patients worldwide.
Become a Partners for Sight donor
How Can $1,000 Make a Difference?
With a $1,000 donation given to any of the following programs, we can:
- Host and stream 20 surgical education videos on the ONE® Network
- Donate 3 complete sets of the Basic and Clinical Science Course to residency training programs in developing countries
- Refer 13 medically underserved seniors for sight-saving care through EyeCare America®
- Digitize, catalog and add 14 artifacts to the Museum of Vision website
Your gifts are used efficiently and responsibly. For every dollar raised, 80 cents is put into Academy programs.
Partners for Sight Benefits
Our valued Partners for Sight donors receive:
- Welcome kit with special gift
- Acknowledgment letter and personalized update letters from the CEO
- Special recognition on the Foundation website and in the Foundation annual report
- Quarterly e-mail updates from the Foundation chair
- AAO 2017 benefits
- Invitation to the donor reception on Saturday, Nov. 11
- Acknowledgement on the donor wall
- Partners for Sight ribbon
- Priority dinner seating at the Orbital Gala on Sunday, Nov. 12
- Opportunity to be a featured donor in our promotional campaign
- Invitation to regional donor events
- Partners for Sight Champion certificate (for five years of continuous support via annual gifts or a pledge commitment)
- Foundation annual report mailing
- Personalized support from Foundation staff
Be a Champion: Take the Pledge
Partners for Sight Champions are a special group of donors who have taken their commitment to the next level. Join this elite group by making a pledge to give $1,000 a year for five years in support of the program of your choice. Whatever your passion – education, public service, ophthalmic history or helping colleagues in the developing world – there is an Academy program that needs your support. Your pledge could make all the difference. Become a Partners for Sight Champion today.
Download pledge form
Proud to be a Partners for Sight Donor
“Academy educational programs like the ONE Network promote a high level of clinical and surgical standards and innovation. It’s incredible to be able to refer to videos, evidence-based cases, journal articles and other resources to more effectively treat patients. These resources benefit all of us, and I’m privileged to support them as a Partners for Sight donor.”
- Gregory L. Skuta, MD, Oklahoma City, Okla.
“I encourage other members to contribute to the Foundation so that our profession can continue to stay up to date on the latest clinical advancements. I think it is safe to say that we are all proud to be members of the Academy. A great way to demonstrate that appreciation is through giving back.”
- Christina J. Flaxel, MD, Portland, Ore.
“When I donate to the Foundation, I’m honoring all of the ophthalmologists who worked to develop such a wonderful profession. Even with many organizations requesting time and money, the Foundation is always a priority. When I give, I show that I value the Academy’s leadership in the field, and its members for helping patients to face some of their toughest challenges.”
- Paul P. Lee, MD, JD., Ann Arbor, Mich.
Become a Partners for Sight donor