AAO 2021: Re/Create
Join us in November as we re-create the Academy's annual meeting in New Orleans. From highlighting clinical pearls and the latest research, to making new connections and learning new techniques we look forward to bringing our community together, where all of ophthalmology meets®.
AAO 2021: Friday, Nov. 12 - Monday, Nov. 15
Subspecialty Day: Friday, Nov. 12 - Saturday, Nov. 13
AAOE Practice Management Program: Friday, Nov. 12 - Monday, Nov. 15
ASORN Nursing Program: Friday, Nov. 12 - Saturday, Nov. 13
AAO 2021 Expo: Saturday, Nov. 13 - Monday, Nov. 15
The meeting will take place in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, LA.
The Academy is excited to implement many changes in 2021 to increase educational and networking opportunities, including:
- Updated meeting dates so that you spend less time away from your practice.
- Reducing the number of simultaneous programs so that you can more easily plan your schedule.
- Providing more community engagement opportunities in the Expo.
- A robust virtual component for those unable to join us in-person or who want to view a session they may have missed on-site.
Send Us Your 30-sec Video, Win a Meal in New Orleans!
- What: Send us a 30 second video of yourself talking about AAO 2021 and we may share it on social media. Prizes will be awarded based on enthusiasm and content. Your words may just win a gift certificate for one of New Orleans’ famed restaurants. You can tell us:
- What do you love most about the Academy’s annual meeting?
- What is one of the biggest lessons you ever learned at a meeting?
- Do you have tips for first-time attendees?
- What brings you back year after year?
- What are you looking forward to in New Orleans?
- How do you feel about returning to the meeting after an incredibly difficult 2020?
- Why: Your voice is important to us! We want to share your thoughts and enthusiasm with our global community to celebrate the return of a live annual meeting in Nov. 2021.
- How: Don’t worry about professional quality. Just grab your smartphone, make sure it is horizontal and that your sound is clear. Record yourself for about 30 seconds.
Email the completed video (under 10 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the video is larger than 10 MB use a file transfer service (such as Hightail or WeTransfer).
Questions? Email email@example.com.
View the AAO 2021 Preliminary Meeting Schedule (PDF 176KB). Note: All times are subject to change.
Look for more exciting AAO 2021 and Subspecialty Day program news and updates in the coming months.
When you register for the in-person meeting you will also have access to content in the virtual meeting. If you are unable to join us in New Orleans, you can register for just the virtual meeting.
Learn more about meeting registration.
Don't miss a minute of AAO 2021! Be sure your travel dates include the opening session on Friday, Nov. 12 and the closing session on Monday, Nov. 15.
Learn more about accommodations in New Orleans including the special rates the Academy has negotiated with hotels.
Health and Safety
The Academy continues to monitor developments with the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on our profession. We are working to bring you the highest quality educational experience that you have come to expect from the Academy in the safest possible environment.
The Academy and Morial Convention Center are implementing cleaning procedures and physical distancing protocols in all areas of AAO 2021 that meet or exceed industry standards. Review the Health and Safety initiatives that are bring implemented for the annual meeting.