The Academy provides the IRIS® Registry as a free benefit to all U.S. members. You may use but do not need an electronic health record system. To participate in the IRIS Registry:
1. Identify Your Practice Type
How you participate and sign up with the IRIS Registry depends on the nature of your practice.
|Practice Type||Participation||Sign Up|
||All actively practicing ophthalmologists must participate, including any part-time employees.
||Anyone in the practice can apply on practice's behalf, including the administrator. Sign up only once.
Sign up for the registry
|Ophthalmologists who work for multiple practices:
||You must report separately for each ophthalmologist-owned practice.
||Each ophthalmologist-owned practice must apply separately.
||All ophthalmologists in the institution must report, even if they work at multiple sites; all must be Academy members.
Join the Academy
|Email email@example.com to begin the process. Due to the size and complexity of such practices, we use a separate application process.
2. Confirm Enrollment Eligibility
All ophthalmologists in the practice must have paid current-year Academy member dues for the practice to enroll in the IRIS Registry. To verify enrollment eligibility or to pay member dues, contact Member Services at 1.866.561.8558 or 1.415.561.8581. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Identify Reporting Method
All first-time IRIS® Registry users who sign up after June 1, 2017, must report for 2017 Merit-Based Incentive Payment System via the web portal option, even if you have an EHR system.
- If you have an EHR system: See if your EHR system has already been set up for the IRIS® Registry. If not, contact your vendor. You can still use the web-portal reporting option.
- If you don't have an EHR system or we haven't integrated your system yet: Apply to use the web-portal reporting option this year. If you acquire an EHR system after signing up, you will have a chance to switch your account to EHR-based reporting in early 2018.
4. Apply by Appropriate Deadline
All first-time IRIS® Registry users who sign up after June 1, 2017, must report for 2017 Merit-Based Incentive Payment System via the web portal option. To use the registry's web-portal option for MIPS, you must sign up by Dec. 22
Complete the IRIS Registry Application, unless your practice is one of the large institutions described above (e.g., multi-specialty practice, hospital/health center or academic center).
5. Follow Email Guidance to Get Started
Once you've applied, we'll process your application and contact you about how to get started. Watch for emails from the Academy's registry vendor FIGMD. Make sure someone regularly checks the email address you provided at registration.
- EHR users: Once we've processed your application, we will place your practice in the queue for setup to use the registry via your EHR system. Review frequently asked questions about data and technical requirements.
- Non-EHR users: Once we've processed your application, we'll contact you about data entry for 2017.