Registration for Mid-Year Forum 2020 Opens January 30
2020 Meeting Schedule
Congressional Advocacy Day
April 22: 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Dinner Briefing
April 23: 7 a.m. - 8 a.m. Continental Breakfast – Questions and Answers
April 23: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Scheduled Visits with Members of Congress and Staff
Commence the evening with a working dinner briefing to prepare for Congressional visits on current advocacy issues affecting medicine. The following day, meet legislators at their place of business - attend Academy-facilitated meetings with your members of Congress and their staff to advocate for your patients and the profession of ophthalmology.
Politics, Policy and Practice Management
April 23: 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Opening Session
April 24: 8:15 a.m. - 2 p.m. Hearings, Closing Session and Luncheon
Designed to educate ophthalmologists on critical issues facing ophthalmology in the areas of politics, policy and practice management. This popular event offers strategic and practical knowledge that can be immediately applied to managing a practice, and brings the ophthalmology community together to effect change.
Academy Council meeting
April 24: 2:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. Opening Session and Regional Meetings
April 25: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Section Meetings, Council Elections, Hearing on Council Advisory Recommendations and Council Luncheon
Unite with your colleagues from ophthalmic subspecialty and state societies to discuss issues facing our profession. This is also an opportunity to advise the Board of Trustees on what you view as the highest priorities for the organization via the Hearing on Council Advisory Recommendations.
- No fee for Congressional Advocacy Day.
- Guests attending the CAD Dinner Briefing on Wednesday, April 22 must purchase a $50 dinner ticket.
- Complimentary registration to all events for Academy members in training.
- $225 for the Mid-Year Forum and/or the Council Meeting. Registration fee will be $325 on March 13 and onsite.
- $50 for guest/spouse dinner ticket for banquet event on Thursday, April 23. Note: No charge to attendees registered for the Mid-Year Forum/or Council Meeting.
- Attendees registered only for Congressional Advocacy Day must purchase a guest dinner ticket if they wish to attend the banquet event.
The Academy's negotiated room rate at the Renaissance Downtown is $315 per night plus tax. This rate is available until the Academy's room block is filled. Hotel reservations will open January 30. Please make all reservations through this website, do not call the hotel directly.
The Academy reimburses some sponsored-attendee expenses, when submitted with original receipts and within 30 days. Learn how to request expense-reimbursement.
Contact Asha Sundararaman