Truhlsen-Marmor Museum of the Eye®
The American Academy of Ophthalmology Truhlsen-Marmor Museum of the Eye is the world’s only free, public museum dedicated to the fascinating science of sight. Look through the pupil of an enormous eye, explore interactive displays and try on a virtual reality headset to see how new technology can impact medicine. Through high-tech exhibits and a renowned collection of ophthalmic artifacts, you’ll discover surprising facts about how your vision works and the field of medicine devoted to protecting it.
Through innovative exhibits, school tours, and free resource materials, the museum promotes eye health on a broad scale.
Visitors of all ages will enjoy the interactive displays and:
- Learn how VR is changing ophthalmology
- Dive deeper into the historical collection
- See the evolution of eye care through the ages
- Learn about the latest innovations saving sight today
- Develop an interest in the study of medicine and ophthalmology