The International Ophthalmologist Education Award was developed to recognize international Academy members who pursue lifelong education in ophthalmology.
To earn this award, you must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain an international membership in the Academy;
- Have completed all your medical training;
- Earn 45 continuing medical education (CME) credits each year for two consecutive years from the time of the application. At least 45 credits from the total of 90 accrued for the duration of the application must be Academy-sponsored CME.
After applying, you are responsible to record your CME credits on your online CME transcript.
Application and Recognition
Award recipients will receive the following:
- A commemorative award certificate
- Acknowledgement on the Academy's website
- Acknowledgement on award panels at the annual meeting
- Acknowledgment in the Academy’s Annual Awards booklet
2018 International Ophthalmologist Education Award Recipients
Ermilo Sanchez-Buenfil, MD (Mexico)
Eva M. Hasenbeck, MD (Germany)
Lional Raj Daniel Raj Ponniah, MD (India)
Marcus Ang, MBBS (Singapore)
Taek-hoon Lee, MD (Korea, Republic of)