• Candidates must be nominated by their Department Chair
• The Application Packet must include the following items:
- A letter (not to exceed three pages) from the Chair summarizing the Nominee’s special qualifications for the Award and verifying that, if awarded (10 pt. font or greater)
- The cash prize will be awarded directly to the Awardee and not counted against normal compensation or deposited in department accounts
- The Awardee will attend both the Annual Meetings of the AAO and of the AUPO to receive the Award
- Two (2) supporting letters (each not to exceed two pages) from faculty, current residents, or past residents who trained under the Nominee (10 pt. font or greater)
- A copy of the Nominee’s current Curriculum Vitae (10 pt. font or greater)
- A signed letter from the Nominee (not to exceed two pages) summarizing the Nominee’s accomplishments as Program Director and plans for future activities. The Nominee must also agree in the letter to address the Program Director’s Meeting at the AAO and AUPO Annual Meetings on a topic(s) related to residency training if chosen as the Awardee (10 pt. font or greater)
• The completed application packet must be compiled by the Department Chair and received by the AUPO office by April 30th of the award year, at:
655 Beach Street
San Francisco, CA
• All completed applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee and a recommendation forwarded to the AUPO Board of Trustees for approval and subsequently to the Senior Secretary for Education of the AAO for approval.
•The Awardee will be notified by mid-July of the award year.