AAO 2021: Re/Create
AAO 2021 will be held Friday – Monday, Nov. 12 -15 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. Friday, Nov. 12 you will find a full day of Subspecialty Day meetings, the AAOE Master Classes and Coding Sessions and AAO 2021 opening session in the evening. View the AAO 2021 Preliminary Meeting Schedule (PDF 176KB). Note: All times are subject to change.
The AAO 2021 Expo will open on Saturday, Nov. 13 and will run, along with sessions, through 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 15.
Take a moment to visit the ENMCC web page for a Virtual Tour and overview of the entire complex to understand the proximity of the course rooms, exhibit halls, transportation hubs and entrances. You’ll see a newly designated Transportation Hub and Taxi/Shared Ride area across the street from the center adjacent to Hall G.
New in 2021
- AAO 2021 Preliminary Meeting Schedule (PDF 176KB)
- Opening Session, Friday, Nov., 12
- Closing Session, Monday, Nov., 15
- Expo closes at 5 p.m. on Monday
- Expanded breaks and power hour at noontime.
- Reducing the number of simultaneous programs to encourage more time in the Expo.
- Industry Showcase theaters offered in the Expo.
- New transportation hub and park space adjacent to convention center.
Exhibit Space Application
Exhibitors will be notified when they have access to the exhibit space application during the sales cycle for their priority point range. There are approximately 100 companies in each of five sales cycles, running from April 1 through June 16.
2021 Sales Cycle
||200 - 4500
||100 - 199
||35 - 99
||11 - 34
||0 - 10
New exhibiting companies are included in the Phase 5 sales cycle for those with 0 - 10 priority points. Priority point totals were recently emailed to those who participated in AAO 2020 Virtual to reflect the 2020 accruals and new totals. Contact email@example.com if you do not have this information.
The Advanced Island Space Request Form is now available in the Exhibitor Portal for exhibiting companies requiring island booth space.
Those who historically secure 20 or more hotel rooms per night were sent an Exhibitor Hotel Reservation Application in early May. These forms along with the required deposit(s) must be received by May 12.
For all other exhibitors, an item will appear on the Checklist in the Exhibitor Portal to make hotel reservations on June 2.
- Exhibitors will be able to select from available room inventory and receive an immediate reservation confirmation.
- Exhibitors are allocated a number of sleeping rooms based on the booth size they have secured for the Academy's annual meeting. The same calculation is used for the number of complimentary exhibitor badges they may have for employees to staff the booth or attend the meeting.
Find additional information in the Official Hotels (PDF 113KB) and the Registration (PDF 39KB) sections of the Prospectus.
Several fraudulent companies, pretending to be associated with the Academy may appear in web searches or may contact you via email. These companies claim that they can book hotel rooms and/or register you for the Academy's annual meeting, but they are unaffiliated with the Academy. The Academy continues to work through legal channels to shut these false websites down, but new ones pop up every day.
It is very important that you only book hotel rooms through the official contractor for hotel reservations, Expovision. If you are ever in doubt you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.415.447 0365 or contact Expovision directly: email@example.com or toll free at 1.866.774.0487.
Hotel Meeting Space
The online application is now open, see details on the Hotel Meeting Space web page. Reserve early as space is available on a first come, first serve basis and may sell out.