AAO 2020 Virtual Meeting and Expo
We are planning an exciting virtual event with multiple opportunities for exhibitors. The Academy is committed to bringing leaders in the ophthalmic industry together to showcase their products and services to the global ophthalmic community.
The Academy will use, Intrado (formerly INXPO) as the virtual meeting platform. They have partnered with the Academy for several years on the virtual component of our live meeting. Intrado's immersive 3D format replicates the look of a live meeting in a convention center.
- Dynamic virtual environment. The AAO 2020 Virtual Expo provides you LIVE opportunities to connect with ophthalmologists, their staff and other professionals who are actively seeking information and solutions for their departments, clinics and offices.
- Provide thought leadership. When you move to a higher tiered package you will have an unprecedented opportunity to present educational content, product and service information in the dedicated Industry Showcase theater.
- Effective lead generation. The virtual platform provides robust analytics. You will know exactly who you are chatting with and how best to follow-up with them.
- Cost effective. The virtual booth packages bundle the booth with promotional options. Save thousands of dollars in travel and hotel costs, not to mention booth shipping, building and decorating charges, while you gain share of voice throughout the meeting.
AAO 2020 Virtual will be held Nov. 13-15, 2020.
Educational content will run daily from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST.
- Additional morning hours, 5:30 a.m. to 6:45 a.m. PST, are planned for European, African and Middle Eastern audiences.
- Additional evening hours, 4:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. PST are planned for Asian/Pacific Rim audiences.
The virtual platform will open a day or two prior to the opening session to help registrants orient themselves.
The AAO 2020 Virtual platform will be available through Feb. 15, 2021 to all registered physicians, health care professionals and official exhibitor personnel.
There are no restrictions within the platform. Those registered for AAO 2020 Virtual, including Exhibitor Representatives, will have unlimited access, 24/7, to available content and the Expo.
Virtual Exhibit Packages
Several virtual exhibit packages are available that include a booth along with branding and visibility opportunities at various levels. All booth levels will include:
- Virtual booth with company branding
- Welcome video
- "About Us" company description
- Product/sales material to share
- One-on-one chat capabilities (includes first/last name)
- Post-event data: Full list of those who visited the booth including name, mailing address, email address and demographic data with registration and practice type, along with the reported subspecialty. The reports will also indicate what the attendee did in your booth and how long they stayed.
- Complimentary registration for company employees
Review all booth packages.
Reserve your booth package in the Exhibitor Portal. There will be a task added to the Checklist where you can identify your decision to participate in the virtual meeting. When you choose to join us for the AAO 2020 Virtual Expo you can select a booth package. If you opt out of this year’s meeting, you can request that fees paid towards a booth at the live meeting be deferred to a AAO 2021 account to secure the 2020 booth rate, or request a full refund.
For AAO 2020 Virtual the Academy has created booth packages that encompass both the booth and multiple levels of promotion.
You can also participate in the Home Drop (PDF 60KB). Working with Convention Communications, the Academy’s official contractor, you can provide a promotional material, invitation, announcement, etc. that will be bundled and mailed directly to the home or office AAO 2020 registrants.
You can also take advantage of opportunities provided by other areas of the Academy including:
Frequently Asked Questions
Find complimentary knowledge resources, including exhibit success webinars, on the Exhibitor Resources webpage.
We are actively working on the virtual meeting content. View a preliminary overview of the AAO 2020 Virtual schedule. (PDF 191KB)
You can see more specific program information as it becomes available.
Cancellation of the Live Meeting
The Academy's annual meeting is now fully online! If you have a contract for a booth and/or promotional opportunity for the live meeting in Las Vegas, options include:
- Applying payments to the AAO 2020 Virtual Expo
- Transferring payments already made to AAO 2021 in New Orleans.
- Receiving a refund
If your hotel reservation was made through the official housing service, Expovision, your reservation was automatically cancelled. If you have any questions, contact Expovision directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1.866.774.0487.
If you made your reservation on your own, you will need to cancel directly with the hotel.
If you reserved hotel meeting space, contact the hotel directly to cancel your event. Any Academy meeting space request fees have been refunded to your credit card. If you need any assistance, please contact Alex Keane, email@example.com.