Sponsored in part by a grant from Allergan, an AbbVie company
Important Event Update: With continued concern for public health due to COVID-19, Codequest™ live events will be delivered via remote video conference. Get the same superior experience you expect while attending from the comfort of your own home or office.
Join the most knowledgeable coding experts in ophthalmology for four hours of professional coding education vital to your success as we emerge from the pandemic. We’ll map out the latest coding updates, review key competencies, test your knowledge of new E/M requirements (the first changes in 25 years), and steer you towards successful solutions for preventing claim denials.
Developed by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and presented with state ophthalmological societies, Codequest™ provides unparalleled instruction for practices of every size.
Codequest™ is the best way to protect your practice from claim denials and audits.
Select a date and register today.
What You’ll Cover in Four Hours
- Test Your Knowledge of 2021 E/M Documentation Requirements
- Answer Definitively When to Submit a E/M vs. Eye Visit Code
- CPT, ICD-10 and CCI Bundling and Telemedicine Updates
- Audience Auditor: What Would you Submit?
- To Bill or Not to Bill: What is Billable to the Payer or the Patient?
- Modifier Mastery Challenge: The Impact on Claim Payment or Denial
- Business Office Outcomes: Is Your A/R Working For or Against You?
Each attendee will receive fact sheets on these topics:
- Final Determination Table for Medical Decision Making
- Answers to New E/M Documentation Guidelines
- Eye Visit Codes
- Billing for Biometry
- Coding for Functional and Cosmetic Botox Injections
- Coding for Blepharoplasty
- Coding for Blepharoptosis Repair
- Accounts Receivable Best Practice Tips
- Prior Authorization Checklist and Guidelines
- Modifier Quick Reference Guide
- Surgery Modifiers Resource
- Office Visit Modifiers
- How to Bill for NPPs: Opticians, Orthoptists, Technicians and Scribes
And these topics currently hot audit targets
- What is Billable in Traditional Cataract Surgery
- Photodynamic Therapy Laser
- Intravitreal Injection
- Drug Injection Vulnerabilities
Learn from the Academy’s Coding Experts
Codequest instructors are OCS and OCSR certified.
Have a specific coding conundrum? Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org before the course and get answers to your personal coding challenges.
What Your Colleagues Say About Virtual Codequest
"Thank you for making the course available online"
"Thanks for providing Codequest online this year due to COVID-19."
"Enjoyed the online format"
"I enjoyed the webinar. Thank you very much!"
"I enjoyed having the PDF handbook. Great way to record notes during the playback."
CME and CEU credits available
As an attendee of the Codequest ophthalmic coding course, you are eligible to claim CME or CEU credits. Consult your course handbook for instructions on how to claim them. Claim credits within 30 days of the course date.
CME for Physicians
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this educational activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Certificate of Completion
AAPC members get instructions to download a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
IJCAHPO CE Credits
For Live events only: 4 hours of Category A IJCAHPO credit.
For recordings: Credit requirements are determined by your type of certification. Verification of awarded credits should be confirmed with IJCAHPO.
Attendance Eligibility Requirements
Attendance is limited to members of the Academy, AAOE, and/or state ophthalmological societies and individuals directly employed by these members.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
The American Academy of Ophthalmology supports the Americans with Disabilities Act. Should you require a specific accommodation or service to facilitate your participation at a Codequest coding course, please email Academy staff.
- Arkansas Ophthalmological Society
- California Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Colorado Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Kentucky Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Louisiana Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Maine Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Michigan Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Mississippi Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Ohio Ophthalmological Society
- Oklahoma Academy of Ophthalmology
- Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- South Carolina Society of Ophthalmology
- Tennessee Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Utah Ophthalmology Society
- Washington Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons