Plan now to join us in Washington, D.C., for Congressional Advocacy Day 2018, during the Mid-Year Forum, April 18 to 19 at the Renaissance Downtown. Congressional Advocacy Day is a unique opportunity to lobby members of Congress on the issues that affect your practice and your patients.
Registration for the Mid-Year Forum will open late-January.
How It Works
- Academy leaders brief participants on top legislative issues the night before appointments on Capitol Hill. The April 18 dinner briefing runs from 7 to 8:30 p.m.; dinner will be served between 7 p.m. and 8 pm. Meals cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals after 7:30 pm.
- On Thursday, April 19, more than 400 ophthalmologists will attend meetings on Capitol Hill with their senators and representative and/or legislators' staff to present the concerns and positions of the profession.
- The Academy prepares you with a full issue briefing, including background information and talking points on the issues, as well as tips on effective lobbying—everything you need to make your meetings on Capitol Hill successful.
Download the Academy’s advocacy app. Get the tools and information you need to successfully advocate on behalf of ophthalmology and your patients on Capitol Hill or at home. Download the app today to access:
- Talking points;
- A map of Washington, D.C., with key locations identified;
- Information on your lawmakers;
- Advocacy tutorial Videos on advocacy;
- Pre-written letters to your lawmakers anytime, anywhere.
To get the free app, search “AAO Advocacy” on the Apple app store or in Google play