All ophthalmologists in an IRIS Registry practice must have an active Academy membership, meaning that the current year dues are paid. For practices using the registry, all ophthalmologists must be members for any ophthalmologist or other ophthalmologists in the practice to use the registry. In addition to Academy membership, integrated EHR users may need to meet certain technical requirements.
- Check your Academy membership status through Member Services.
- Optometrists can use the registry if they are employed by an ophthalmologist.
Integrated EHR Users
Practices that plan to integrate their electronic health record system with the IRIS Registry must use certified EHR technology that meets the 2014 or 2015 requirements set by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- The deadline for practices to sign up for integration is June 1 of each calendar year.
- New user? Check if your EHR system is compatible with the IRIS Registry.
- If your EHR vendor is not currently compatible, you can still contact IRIS Registry staff about integration. We will work with the vendor toward integration.
Non-EHR users have until Oct. 31 of each calendar year to register with IRIS Registry for the first time. If your practice previously registered with the registry, you do not need to repeat this step.
Unless otherwise specified, principal investigators for accepted IRIS Registry analyses must be an Academy fellow or member in good standing and must participate in the IRIS Registry via EHR integration or be working toward participation.