The Academy designates thirty-five percent (35%) of its contracted hotel rooms for exhibitor representatives. Hotels included in the Academy’s block are considered official hotels.
You can find details, and reserve rooms, through the Exhibitor Portal. When you log in you will see the Hotel Reservation task on your checklist. Click on this task to get to the link to pass through to Expovision to make hotel reservations.
Requirements and Priority Points
- Exhibitors are required to secure all guest rooms at official Academy hotels through the Academy’s official hotel reservation provider, Expovision.
- A deposit for the first night’s room and tax will be required at the time of booking for each room requested. With immediate confirmation, booking hotel reservations online is the most efficient way to secure rooms.
- Exhibitor guest room blocks are for exhibiting company personnel only. They may not be used for physician attendees.
- Cancellation of exhibit space will result in the cancellation of all exhibitor hotel reservations.
- Exhibitors who book their hotel room block through Expovision will be credited with one (1) priority point.
- Exhibitors who use ninety-five percent (95%) or more of their initial reserved hotel block through the Academy’s official hotel reservation provider will receive two (2) priority points.
Several fraudulent companies, pretending to be associated with the Academy may appear in web searches or may contact you via email. These companies claim that they can book hotel rooms and/or register you for the Academy's annual meeting, but they are unaffiliated with the Academy. The Academy continues to work through legal channels to shut these false websites down, but new ones pop up every day.
It is very important that you only book hotel rooms through the new Exhibitor Portal or via the Exhibitor Hotel Reservation Application received from email@example.com (if your company has a history of securing 20 or more rooms per night). The Academy does not use an additional, or special website for its annual meeting. The official contractor for hotel reservations is Expovision. If you are ever in doubt you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.415.447 0365 or contact Expovision directly: email@example.com or toll free at 1.866.774.0487.
Hotel Meeting Space
Exhibiting companies may request meeting space at official Academy hotels online only.
Space is available on a first come, first serve basis and may sell out. It is a violation of Academy regulations to reserve space directly at official Academy hotels and will result in a loss of priority points.
Find more information, including fees, deadlines, and the link to the online application, at aao.org/meeting_space.
Third parties are event management firms, marketing firms or other organizations hired by an exhibiting company to handle exhibit details, logistics, publicity and advertising, etc.
Third parties cannot secure meeting space, promotional opportunities, etc. unless an exhibiting company has first submitted a signed Third Party Authorization Form, confirming permission for a specific third party to work on its behalf. This third party arrangement will not be considered when granting the extension of deadlines.
The Third Party Authorization form should not be submitted to designate contractors for labor, audio visual and other services for the booth as outlined in the Exhibitor Designated Contractor (EDC) section of the Exhibit Prospectus. A separate EDC Authorization form will be available in the Exhibitor Portal.
If you are an exhibiting company:
If you are a third party, working on behalf of an exhibiting company:
- Fill out and sign this request form (PDF 208KB) to have the Academy contact the exhibiting company to complete a Third Party Authorization form.
- If you are an exhibiting company, do not complete or sign this form. (See above.)
- Email the completed request form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (415) 561-8576.