The Academy designates thirty-five percent (35%) of its contracted hotel rooms for exhibitor representatives. Hotels included in the Academy’s block are considered official hotels.
Exhibitor hotel reservation information will be available in the Exhibitor Portal in the spring with details about the housing reservation process and a list of official Academy hotels including rates, amenities and distance to the convention center.
Exhibitors Reserve in Two Tiers
Exhibitor hotel reservations open in two tiers:
- Those who historically secure 20 or more hotel rooms per night are sent a Hotel Reservation form. These forms along with payment must be received by the set deadline ;in the Expovision offices, the Academy’s official hotel provider.
- Online hotel reservations is open to all remaining exhibitors. The option to make hotel reservations will appear on the Checklist in the Exhibitor Portal, which provides a link to Expovision, the Academy’s official hotel provider. Exhibitors will be able to select from available room inventory and receive an immediate reservation confirmation.
Exhibitors are allocated a number of sleeping rooms based on the booth size they have secured for the Academy's annual meeting. The same calculation is used for the number of complimentary exhibitor badges they may have for employees to staff the booth or attend the meeting.
Requirements and Priority Points
- Exhibitors are required to secure all guest rooms at official Academy hotels through the Academy’s official hotel reservation provider, Expovision.
- A deposit for the first night’s room and tax will be required at the time of booking for each room requested. With immediate confirmation, booking hotel reservations online is the most efficient way to secure rooms.
- Exhibitor guest room blocks are for exhibiting company personnel only. They may not be used for physician attendees.
- Cancellation of exhibit space will result in the cancellation of all exhibitor hotel reservations.
- Exhibitors who book their hotel room block through Expovision will be credited with one (1) priority point.
- Exhibitors who use ninety-five percent (95%) or more of their initial reserved hotel block through the Academy’s official hotel reservation provider will receive two (2) priority points.
Several fraudulent companies, pretending to be associated with the Academy may appear in web searches or may contact you via email. These companies claim that they can book hotel rooms and/or register you for the Academy's annual meeting, but they are unaffiliated with the Academy. The Academy continues to work through legal channels to shut these false websites down, but new ones pop up every day.
It is very important that you only book hotel rooms through the new Exhibitor Portal or via the Exhibitor Hotel Reservation Application received from firstname.lastname@example.org (if your company has a history of securing 20 or more rooms per night). The Academy does not use an additional, or special website for its annual meeting. The official contractor for hotel reservations is Expovision. If you are ever in doubt you can email email@example.com or call 1.415.447 0365 or contact Expovision directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1.866.774.0487.
Review information and find links to reserve hotel meeting space during the Academy's annual meeting. All meeting space at official Academy hotels must be reserved through the Academy. It is a violation of Academy regulations to reserve space directly at official Academy meeting space hotels and will result in a loss of priority points.