The Academy designates thirty-five percent (35%) of its contracted hotel rooms for exhibitor representatives. Hotels included in the Academy’s block are considered official hotels.
Exhibitor hotel reservation information will be available in the Exhibitor Portal in the spring with details about the housing reservation process and a list of official Academy hotels including rates, amenities and distance to the convention center.
Exhibitors Reserve in Two Tiers
Exhibitor hotel reservations open in two tiers:
- Those who historically secure 20 or more hotel rooms per night are sent a Hotel Reservation form. These forms along with payment must be received by the set deadline ;in the Expovision offices, the Academy’s official hotel provider.
- Online hotel reservations is open to all remaining exhibitors. The option to make hotel reservations will appear on the Checklist in the Exhibitor Portal, which provides a link to Expovision, the Academy’s official hotel provider. Exhibitors will be able to select from available room inventory and receive an immediate reservation confirmation.
Exhibitors are allocated a number of sleeping rooms based on the booth size they have secured for the Academy's annual meeting. The same calculation is used for the number of complimentary exhibitor badges they may have for employees to staff the booth or attend the meeting.
Requirements and Priority Points
- Exhibitors are required to secure all guest rooms at official Academy hotels through the Academy’s official hotel reservation provider, Expovision.
- A deposit for the first night’s room and tax will be required at the time of booking for each room requested. With immediate confirmation, booking hotel reservations online is the most efficient way to secure rooms.
- Exhibitor guest room blocks are for exhibiting company personnel only. They may not be used for physician attendees.
- Cancellation of exhibit space will result in the cancellation of all exhibitor hotel reservations.
- Exhibitors who book their hotel room block through Expovision will be credited with one (1) priority point.
- Exhibitors who use ninety-five percent (95%) or more of their initial reserved hotel block through the Academy’s official hotel reservation provider will receive two (2) priority points.
Several fraudulent companies, pretending to be associated with the Academy may appear in web searches or may contact you via email. These companies claim that they can book hotel rooms and/or register you for the Academy's annual meeting, but they are unaffiliated with the Academy. The Academy continues to work through legal channels to shut these false websites down, but new ones pop up every day.
It is very important that you only book hotel rooms through the new Exhibitor Portal or via the Exhibitor Hotel Reservation Application received from firstname.lastname@example.org (if your company has a history of securing 20 or more rooms per night). The Academy does not use an additional, or special website for its annual meeting. The official contractor for hotel reservations is Expovision. If you are ever in doubt you can email email@example.com or call 1.415.447 0365 or contact Expovision directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1.866.774.0487.
Hotel Meeting Space
Beginning March 4, exhibiting companies may request meeting space at official Academy hotels online only.
Mark your calendar to reserve early, as space is available on a first come, first serve basis and may sell out. It is a violation of Academy regulations to reserve space directly at official Academy hotels and will result in a loss of priority points.
Find more information, including fees, deadlines, and the link to the online application, at aao.org/meeting_space.
Third parties are event management firms, marketing firms or other organizations hired by an exhibiting company to handle exhibit details, logistics, publicity and advertising, etc.
Third parties cannot secure meeting space, promotional opportunities, etc. unless an exhibiting company has first submitted a signed Third Party Authorization Form, confirming permission for a specific third party to work on its behalf. This third party arrangement will not be considered when granting the extension of deadlines.
The Third Party Authorization form should not be submitted to designate contractors for labor, audio visual and other services for the booth as outlined in the Exhibitor Designated Contractor (EDC) section of the Exhibit Prospectus. A separate EDC Authorization form will be available in the Exhibitor Portal.
If you are an exhibiting company:
If you are a third party, working on behalf of an exhibiting company:
- Fill out and sign this request form (PDF 208KB) to have the Academy contact the exhibiting company to complete a Third Party Authorization form.
- If you are an exhibiting company, do not complete or sign this form. (See above.)
- Email the completed request form to email@example.com or fax to (415) 561-8576.