The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business, for 90 days or less, without obtaining a nonimmigrant visa. For a list of participating countries and additional information about the program visit the U.S. Department of State's Visa Waiver Program web page.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State Visitor Visa page for the latest information about changes to visa policies and procedures.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State Business Visa page for specific information for travelers coming to the United States to attend conventions and conferences.
- Find the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate.
International Group Housing
AAO International Group Housing is the official AAO 2023 international group housing provider. Their all-inclusive housing packages include room, breakfast, porterage, gratuities, taxes, multilingual customer service assistance and visa assistance.
Learn more about the options available to international medical attendees or contact International Group Housing directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Medical Education Credits
European ophthalmologists can convert Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit to meet European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) CME/CPD requirements.
The American Medical Association (AMA) has an agreement of mutual recognition of CME credits with UEMS, the accreditation body for European countries. Physicians interested in converting AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ to UEMS-European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education CME credits (ECMECs) should contact the UEMS at email@example.com.
The official language of the Academy’s annual meeting is English.
Business-conservative or business-casual attire is appropriate for all meeting events. You are welcome to wear traditional clothing from your country. Wear comfortable shoes, as there are long walking distances within the convention center.
- U.S. country code: +1
- San Francisco area codes: 415 and 628
- U.S. telephone numbers have seven digits, (e.g., 555-1234). To dial either local or toll calls you must enter 1 + the correct three digit area code + seven digit phone number.
- To call internationally from San Francisco dial "011" + country code + area code + phone number.
Help plan your trip by checking the current exchange rate of your currency to U.S. dollars.
Tipping in the United States is customary. A 20% tip is usually expected in restaurants, taxis and for services you receive.
Voltage 120, frequency 60 Hz. Adaptors that may be required are for two flat blades or for two flat blades with a grounding pin.
|two flat blades or
||two flat blades with a round grounding pin