The AAO Virtual Meeting is a FREE online component of AAO 2017. Approximately twenty hours of educational content was streamed live over five days. You can now access archived sessions until Feb. 14, 2018.
Note: The 2017 AAO Virtual Meeting is not eligible for CME credit.
You will need your Academy login and password.
8:05 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. CDT Refractive Surgery Subspecialty Day, Keynote Lecture: The Role of Personalized Medicine in Refractive Surgery
8:15 a.m. - 8:22 a.m. CDT Refractive Surgery Subspecialty Day, Section I: Corneal Refractive Surgery, The Best for LASIK
8:22 a.m. - 8:29 a.m. CDT Refractive Surgery Subspecialty Day, Section I: Corneal Refractive Surgery, The Best for SMILE
8:29 a.m. - 8:36 a.m. CDT Refractive Surgery Subspecialty Day, Section I: Corneal Refractive Surgery, The Best for Surface Ablation
2:10 p.m. - 2:37 p.m. CDT Retina Subspecialty Day, Section VII: My Coolest Surgical Video
9:13 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. CDT Cornea Subspecialty Day, Section II: Keratoplasty – Are We Doing the Right Thing?
4:42 p.m. - 5:22 p.m. CDT Retina Subspecialty Day, Section XXII: Video Surgical Complications: What Would You Do?
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. CDT Opening Session and Business Meeting
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT Spotlight on Ocular Trauma
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. CDT Current and Emerging Imaging Tools for Macular and Retinal Diseases
3:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. CDT Recent Advances in Management of Diabetic Retinopathy
8:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. CDT Spotlight on Cataract Complications
2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. CDT Hot Topics 2017
3:45 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. CDT Spotlight on Posterior Segment Imaging
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. CDT Development of New Antiglaucoma Medications and Drug Delivery Systems
10:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. CDT Pediatric Uveitis in 2017
Access More of the Meeting
When you participate in the AAO Virtual Meeting, you will have access to:
- Live webcasts of several educational sessions, including Q&A with experts during the meeting.
- The Virtual Exhibition where you can search hundreds of companies exhibiting at AAO 2017, showcasing the latest advances in ophthalmic devices, imaging and other technologies.
- Posters Online and Videos on Demand from AAO 2017.
- A Networking Lounge to engage with colleagues around the world.
To view sessions you will need to download the XPOCAST app from the iTunes store. Simply go to the store, search for XPOCAST and download the free app. If you do not have the app downloaded, you will be prompted to download when trying to view any of the sessions.
To access the AAO Virtual Meeting via your iPad, take the following steps:
- Launch the Virtual Meeting.
- Enter the login credentials that you registered with (your Academy login).
- Navigate the virtual environment via your browser and enjoy the content.
If you enjoyed the AAO Virtual Meeting, find more from the Academy: