AAO 2022 Virtual
The virtual meeting is the online component of the Academy's annual meeting. Over 200 sessions will be available to view in the AAO 2022 Virtual Meeting platform through Jan. 31, 2023. After Jan. 31, you will still be able to access sessions on-demand and claim CME credit (professional attendees only) through Aug. 1, 2023.
Search the Program
New! Search the program in the Mobile Meeting Guide.
- You do not need to login or be a member to view program information.
- "Filter by Format" then select formats with "On Demand" to view those sessions available in the Virtual Meeting - you can select multiple filters at the same time.
Learn more about using the Mobile Meeting Guide.
AAO 2022 Virtual registration includes:
- Sessions streamed live from AAO 2022.
- Sessions recorded in Chicago and those developed specifically for the online platform.
- Videos and posters.
All Subspecialty Day meetings are also available virtually, separate from AAO 2022. You register by day (Friday, Saturday or both) to access all content from the Subspecialty Day meetings taking place the same day.
Registration for AAO 2022 Virtual will remain open until Jan. 17, 2023.
Virtual Meeting Access for In-Person Registrants
If you registered for the in-person meeting in Chicago you automatically have access to the corresponding virtual content for that meeting.
- Registration for in-person AAO 2022 Chicago includes access to AAO 2022 Virtual content.
- Registration for an in-person Subspecialty Day Friday or Subspecialty Day Saturday meeting includes access to the Subspecialty Day Virtual content from that same day.
If you wish to view the virtual content for a meeting you are not already registered for, you can register for that separately.
Learn more about meeting registration.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates AAO 2022 as an Other (blended live and enduring material) activity. Physicians registered as In Person and Virtual are eligible to claim CME credit. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Learn more about available credits and how to claim CME.