About the Council
The Council was established in accordance with Section 7.01 of the Academy’s bylaws. Each member of the Council represents either a state or subspecialty society. The state and subspecialty/specialized interest sections meet concurrently at both the Council’s spring and fall meetings. Councilors also meet in nine smaller, regional groups.
Academy members are welcome and encouraged to attend Council meetings.
Council Advisory Recommendations
The success of the Academy’s Council depends on your work to involve your respective constituents. The CAR process provides the best way to bring new ideas and member concerns to the attention of the Academy’s Board of Trustees.
- Read the 2020 CARs, the Academy Background Statements and more.
- Read the May poll results for the 2020 CARs. (Virtual polling was done in 2020 due to the cancellation of the Spring Council Meeting.)
- Review and research prior Council Advisory Recommendations.
Each society on the council must submit two reports a year. The reports are shared with all meeting attendees via the electronic agenda book.
- Spring 2020 reports are due March 1.
- Fall 2020 reports are due September 1.
- Download semiannual report template and instructions.
Fall 2019 Meeting Reports
Read the following reports from the Fall Council Meeting, October 13, 2019.
Spring 2019 Meeting Reports
Read the following reports from the Spring Council Meeting, April 12-13, 2019.