Companies must be AAO 2019 exhibitors to advertise.
Availability of Promotional Opportunities
All promotional opportunities are available on a first-come basis. The Academy does not have a First Right of Refusal policy.
Promotional Opportunity Location and Production
The Academy reserves the right to re-locate any promotional opportunity if necessary. Locations selected will always be in high traffic areas for maximum visibility.
The Academy works with reputable vendors who are responsible for the production, installation and/or removal of any promotional opportunity. Should the Exhibitor object to any aspect of the production, installation and/or removal of a promotional opportunity they must do so in writing prior to or during the Academy’s annual meeting so the Academy may review and/or make right any issues.
All artwork guidelines, deadlines, specs and late fee schedules are available through the Promotional Opportunities webpage.
Artwork must be pre-approved by the Promotions Manager before production. Failure to submit artwork for pre-approval may delay production.
- Additional penalty fees may be assessed for late artwork.
- Any production delay costs will be the responsibility of the Exhibitor reserving the promotional opportunity.
The Academy’s artwork guidelines are intended to provide general guidance. They are not inclusive or exhaustive and are subject to change at the discretion of the Academy at any time.
- The Academy has the right to refuse any advertisement or artwork that is or potentially is inappropriate or incompatible with our mission.
- Exhibitors must not make unsubstantiated health claims.
- No exhibitor shall, without permission, use the name of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, or any symbol, logo, trademark, or service mark identified therewith, in any manner representing that the exhibitor or its products or services possess the approval or endorsement or are associated or affiliated with the Academy.
- No artwork may use the phrase “in conjunction with the Academy” or use similar language that in any way states, conveys, or implies Academy sponsorship, endorsement, annual presentation or support.
- Exhibitors may use the term “at AAO 2019” or “during AAO 2019” in their promotional copy.
- All artwork must include a disclaimer that the meeting, seminar, event, function, booth presentation or gathering is not affiliated with the official program of AAO 2018. Failure to comply with this policy may result in priority point forfeiture.
A non-refundable payment is due in full for assigned promotional opportunities and must be received by the Academy by the date indicated on the invoice.
- Exhibitors whose payments are over 60 days passed the payment deadline will be penalized priority points and will not be allowed to reserve a promotional opportunity for 2020 until two weeks after reservations open.
- Companies with outstanding invoices will not be able to reserve a promotional opportunity for 2020.
Cancellations cannot be accepted once the Terms & Conditions within the Exhibitor Portal are agreed to. There is a 100% cancellation fee.
Rates and Availability
- Refer to individual opportunity web pages for rates and availability.
- Rates and availability are subject to change in 2020.