Companies must be AAO 2018 exhibitors to advertise.
First Right of Refusal
In an effort to provide more opportunities for all exhibitors, there is no First Right of Refusal for promotional opportunities. All promotional opportunities are “fair game” and open to all eligible AAO 2018 exhibiting companies.
Payment is due net 30 days from invoice date. Past due invoices will be sent to the exhibiting company’s meeting contact and, if applicable, the third party.
- Companies whose payments are over 60 days late will not be allowed to reserve a promotional opportunity for 2019 until two weeks after reservations open.
- Companies with outstanding invoices will not be able to reserve a promotional opportunity.
Cancellations cannot be accepted past the insertion order deadline or after a Marketing Opportunity Agreement is signed.
- There is a 100% cancellation fee after the Marketing Partnership Agreement is signed.
- There is a 100% cancellation fee for companies canceling print advertising after the insertion order deadline passes.
Third Party Promotions/Advertising Firms
Third parties are event management firms, marketing firms or other organizations hired by an exhibiting company to handle exhibit details, logistics, publicity and advertising, etc. Meeting space, promotional opportunities, etc. will not be assigned until the exhibiting company submits the signed Third Party Authorization Form, confirming authorization for a specific third party to work on its behalf. This third party arrangement will not be taken into account when granting the extension of deadlines.
If you are a third party, working on the behalf of an exhibiting company:
- Fill out and sign this request form (PDF 67KB) to have the Academy send the exhibiting company the Third Party Authorization Form.
- Email the completed request form to email@example.com or fax to 415-561-8576.
If you are an exhibiting company meeting contact:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for the Third Party Authorization Form.
- Fill out and sign the form. Only the exhibiting company may sign this form.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com or fax to 415-561-8576.
- A confirmation letter is emailed within seven business days of reserving an advertising or AAO Card Pack opportunity. Confirmation letters constitute an agreement between the exhibiting company and the Academy to hold the assigned advertising space exclusively for the exhibiting company.
- A Marketing Partnership Agreement is sent detailing specific reserved promotional opportunities. It must be counter-signed and returned within 10 days. If the agreement is not returned within 10 days, the opportunity will be available to another company.
These guidelines are intended to provide general guidance. They are not inclusive or exhaustive and are subject to change at the discretion of the Academy at any time.
- The Academy has the right to refuse any advertisement or artwork that is or potentially is inappropriate or incompatible with our mission.
- Exhibitors must not make unsubstantiated health claims.
- No exhibitor shall, without permission, use the name of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, or any symbol, logo, trademark, or service mark identified therewith, in any manner representing that the exhibitor or its products or services possess the approval or endorsement or are associated or affiliated with the Academy.
- No artwork may use the phrase “in conjunction with the Academy” or use similar language that in any way states, conveys, or implies Academy sponsorship, endorsement, annual presentation or support.
- Exhibitors may use the term “at AAO 2018” or “during AAO 2018” in their promotional copy.
- All artwork must include a disclaimer that the meeting, seminar, event, function, booth presentation or gathering is not affiliated with the official program of AAO 2018. Failure to comply with this policy may result in priority point forfeiture.
Artwork deadlines are strictly enforced.
- Artwork not received by the stated deadlines may be subject to a surcharge.
- Any artwork rush fees are the responsibility of the supporting company.
Rates and Availability
- Refer to individual opportunity web pages for rates and availability.
- Rates and availability are subject to change in 2019.