The International Scholar Award is an award that the Academy developed to honor international members and their lifelong commitment to learning. This award is a two-year program.
2021 International Scholar Recipients
Ahmed M Abdelrahman, MD (Egypt)
Emilio M. Dodds, MD (Argentina)
Fakhruddin Shamel, MD (Afghanistan)
Kenneth K. W. Li, FRCS, FRCOphth (Hong Kong)
Marc Toeteberg-Harms, MD, FEBO (Switzerland)
Pankaj Singh, MD (Germany)
Priya Narang, MS (India)
Sayali Pradhan, MBBS, DNB, FRCS, FICO, FAICO (United Kingdom)
Van Charles Lansingh, MD (Mexico)
To earn this award, you must meet the following criteria
- Maintain an international membership in the Academy;
- Have previously received the International Ophthalmologist Education Award;
- Earn 45 continuing medical education (CME credits each year for two consecutive years from the time of application. At least 45 credits from the total of 90 accrued for the duration of the application must be Academy-sponsored CME;
- Successfully complete a timed, online self-assessment test with a passing score of 80% or higher.
After applying, you are responsible to record your CME credits on your online CME transcript.
Application and Recognition
Award recipients receive the following:
- A commemorative award certificate
- Acknowledgement on the Academy's website
- Acknowledgement on awards panel at the annual meeting
- Acknowledgement in the Academy's Annual Awards booklet
- An annual meeting ribbon