All Academy annual meeting and Subspecialty Day meeting attendees are required to be registered and wear their own properly coded badge, indicating their registration for the Academy's annual meeting and/or Subspecialty Day. Attendees not wearing a properly coded badge will not be admitted.
Meeting attendees must register for the meeting using the correct registration category. If a registration is completed in an incorrect category, the registration will be corrected or canceled; additional fees may be due if the correct category is a higher cost.
- Membership privileges are not transferable.
- The Academy cannot waive any fees or provide any financial assistance for any travel or housing costs.
- You must register for the Academy's annual meeting in order to purchase the Academy Plus course pass and/or tickets. Review more information about the Academy Plus course pass.
- Ticketed courses that are eligible for CME credit cannot overlap.
- You may purchase only one ticket per course.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Ticket fees, indicated in the course abstract, are for the entire course. Partial purchases are not allowed.
- Most ticket fees increase onsite.
- For the following registration categories the Academy Plus course pass and tickets may be purchased onsite only: Exhibitor, One-Day-Only, JCAHPO and ASORN registrants who purchase an Academy meeting pass.
Academy Members in Training Discount
As a member benefit, Academy members in training receive:
- 50 percent discount on all Skills Transfer labs and Breakfast With the Experts ticket purchases. This discount is automatically applied to the ticket price unless otherwise noted.
- Discounted price of $100 for the Academy Plus course pass.
The discounts outlined above do not apply to nonmember physicians in training.
Additional Policies for Skills Transfer Courses
- Attendance in Skills Transfer courses is limited to physicians only, except where noted in the course description. (The term "physician" refers to the definition in the Federal Register: "Those individuals licensed to practice medicine and surgery and osteopathy.")
- Skills Transfer labs are ticketed events — they are not included in the Academy Plus course pass and must be purchased separately.
- Lecture prerequisites are strongly recommended but not required.
- Skills Transfer lectures are included in the Academy Plus course pass. You may attend Skills Transfer lectures without purchasing the lab.
- Registrants in Skills Transfer lab courses may be required to bring instruments and/or sign an infectious disease waiver form. Refer to individual course listings for specific requirements.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Skills Transfer courses are intended to provide instruction leading to new knowledge and/or skills. The Academy does not certify competence upon completion of Academy courses. Academy courses are not intended to serve as a basis for requesting new or expanded privileges.
- Equipment from several company supporters will be used during labs. We are unable to guarantee the attendee’s request to use a specific company’s equipment.
- Available for individual days from Saturday through Tuesday.
- One-Day-Only registrants may purchase an Academy Plus course pass onsite only at Registration. It can not be purchased online.
- Representatives and distributors from commercial companies are not eligible for registration in this category.
Attendance by Optometrists
- Only optometrists who are members of the American Academy of Optometry and who have been selected for presentation may attend the Academy's annual meeting.
- Optometrists may not attend Subspecialty Day.
Registration Cancellations and Refunds
- A written request including your name and Academy identification number must be received by the published deadline.
- A per-person, per-meeting cancellation processing fee of $75, or your total registration, course pass and ticket fees, whichever is less, will be assessed.
- No refunds will be processed for cancellation requests received after the published deadline.
- Refund requests can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
When attendees have their badges scanned by exhibitors, they are releasing their demographic information collected during registration, including contact information.