Policies for AAO 2018 and Subspecialty Day are subject to change in 2019.
All AAO 2018 and Subspecialty Day meeting attendees are required to be registered and wear their own properly coded badge, indicating their registration for the Academy's annual meeting and/or Subspecialty Day. Attendees not wearing a properly coded badge will not be admitted.
Meeting attendees must register for the meeting using the correct registration category. If a registration is completed in an incorrect category, the registration will be corrected or canceled; additional fees may be due if the correct category is a higher cost.
- Membership privileges are not transferable.
- The Academy cannot waive any fees or provide any financial assistance for any travel or housing costs.
- You must register for the Academy's annual meeting in order to purchase the Academy Plus course pass and/or tickets. Review more information about the Academy Plus course pass.
- Ticketed courses that are eligible for CME credit cannot overlap.
- You may purchase only one ticket per course.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Ticket fees, indicated in the course abstract, are for the entire course. Partial purchases are not allowed.
- Most ticket fees increase onsite.
For the following registration categories the Academy Plus course pass and tickets may be purchased onsite only: One-Day-Only, JCAHPO and ASORN registrants who purchase an Academy meeting pass.
Academy Members in Training Discount
As a member benefit, Academy members in training receive:
- 50 percent discount on all Skills Transfer labs and Breakfast With the Experts ticket purchases. This discount is automatically applied to the ticket price unless otherwise noted.
- Discounted price of $100 for the Academy Plus course pass.
The discounts outlined above do not apply to nonmember physicians in training.
Additional Policies for Skills Transfer Courses
Attendance in Skills Transfer courses is limited to physicians only, except where noted in the course description. (The term "physician" refers to the definition in the Federal Register: "Those individuals licensed to practice medicine and surgery and osteopathy.")
- Skills Transfer labs are ticketed events — they are not included in the Academy Plus course pass and must be purchased separately.
- Lecture prerequisites are strongly recommended but not required.
- Skills Transfer lectures are included in the Academy Plus course pass. You may attend Skills Transfer lectures without purchasing the lab.
- Registrants in Skills Transfer lab courses may be required to bring instruments and/or sign an infectious disease waiver form. Refer to individual course listings for specific requirements.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Skills Transfer courses are intended to provide instruction leading to new knowledge and/or skills. The Academy does not certify competence upon completion of Academy courses. Academy courses are not intended to serve as a basis for requesting new or expanded privileges.
- Equipment from several company supporters will be used during labs. We are unable to guarantee the attendee’s request to use a specific company’s equipment.
- Available for individual days from Saturday through Tuesday.
- One-Day-Only registrants may purchase an Academy Plus course pass onsite only at Registration. It can not be purchased online.
- Representatives and distributors from commercial companies are not eligible for registration in this category.
Attendance by Optometrists
- Only optometrists who are members of the American Academy of Optometry and who have been selected for presentation may attend the Academy's annual meeting.
- Optometrists may not attend Subspecialty Day.
Registration Cancellations and Refunds
- A written request including your name and Academy identification number must have been received by September 4, 2018.
- A per-person, per-meeting cancellation processing fee of $75, or your total registration, course pass and ticket fees, whichever is less, will be assessed.
- No refunds will be processed for cancellation requests received after the published deadline.
- Refund requests can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
When attendees have their badges scanned by exhibitors, they are releasing their demographic information collected during registration, including contact information.