All AAO 2020 meeting attendees are required to be registered and wear their own properly coded badge, indicating their registration for the Academy’s annual meeting and/or Subspecialty Day.
Attendees not wearing a properly coded badge will not be admitted. Meeting attendees must register for the meeting using the correct registration category. If a registration is completed in an incorrect category, the registration will be corrected or canceled; additional fees may be due if the correct category is at a higher cost.
- Membership privileges are not transferable.
- The Academy cannot waive any fees or provide any financial assistance for any travel or housing costs.
- You must register for the Academy's annual meeting in order to purchase the Academy Plus course pass and/or tickets. Review more information about the Academy Plus course pass.
- Ticketed courses that are eligible for CME credit cannot overlap.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Most ticket fees increase onsite.
For JCAHPO registrants, the Academy Plus course pass and tickets may only be purchased onsite.
Academy Members in Training Discount
As a member benefit, Academy members in training receive:
- 50 percent discount on all Skills Transfer labs ticket purchases. This discount is automatically applied to the ticket price unless otherwise noted.
- Discounted price for the Academy Plus course pass.
The discounts outlined above do not apply to nonmember physicians in training.
Skills Transfer Courses
Attendance in Skills Transfer courses is limited to physicians only, except where noted in the course description. (The term “physician” refers to the definition in the Federal Register: “Those individuals licensed to practice medicine and surgery and osteopathy.”)
- Skills Transfer labs are ticketed events — they are not included in the Academy Plus course pass and must be purchased separately
- Lecture prerequisites are strongly recommended but not required.
- Skills Transfer lectures are included in the Academy Plus course pass. You may attend Skills Transfer lectures without purchasing the lab.
- Registrants in Skills Transfer lab courses may be required to bring instruments and/or sign an infectious disease waiver form. Refer to individual course listings for specific requirements.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Skills Transfer courses are intended to provide instruction leading to new knowledge and/or skills. The Academy does not certify competence upon completion of Academy courses. Academy courses are not intended to serve as a basis for requesting new or expanded privileges.
- Equipment from several company supporters will be used during labs. We are unable to guarantee the attendee’s request to use a specific company’s equipment.
Attendance by Optometrists
- Only optometrists who are members of the American Academy of Optometry and who have been selected for presentation may attend the Academy’s annual meeting.
- Optometrists may not attend Subspecialty Day.
Registration Cancellations and Refunds
- A written request, including your name and Academy identification number, must be received by Aug. 12 to qualify for a full refund.
- Requests received between Aug. 13 and Sept. 23 will be subject to a per-person, per-meeting cancellation processing fee of $75, or your total registration, ticket fees and course pass fee, whichever is less, will be assessed.
- No refunds will be processed for cancellation requests received after Sept. 23.
- Refund requests can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
When attendees have their badges scanned by exhibitors or Academy staff, they are releasing their contact information, registration type, practice type, and subspecialty information as captured during the registration process.