Dry Eye Symptoms
Here are some of the symptoms of dry eye.
- You feel like your eyes are stinging and burning
- There is a scratchy or gritty feeling like something is in your eye
- There are strings of mucus in or around your eyes
- Your eyes are red or irritated. This is especially true when you are in the wind or near cigarette smoke
- It is painful to wear contact lenses
- You have lots of tears in your eyes
Having a lot of tears in your eyes with “dry eye” might sound odd. But your eyes make more tears when they are irritated by dry eye.