Measure 374: Closing the Referral Loop: Receipt of Specialist Report
Updated January 2018.
- IRIS Registry for EHR: groups and individuals
- EHR through your vendor (if offered): groups and individuals
eMeasure Identifier: CMS50v6
Measure Type: Process- High Priority
Instructions: Percentage of patients with referrals, regardless of age, for which the referring provider received a report from the provider to whom the patient was referred
This measure is to be reported on the number of patients with a referral, for which the referring provider received a report from the provider to whom the patient was referred.
The provider to whom the patient was referred should be the same provider that sends the report.
If there are multiple referrals for a patient during the measurement period, use the first referral.
Referral: A request from one physician or other eligible provider to another practitioner for evaluation, treatment, or co-management of a patient’s condition. This term encompasses referral and consultation as defined by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Initial patient population - Number of patients, regardless of age, who were referred by one provider to another provider, and who had a visit during the measurement period.
Denominator - Equals Initial Patient Population
IRIS Registry EHR Reporting
These are the required elements to be documented at least once a year to meet the measure performance requirements.
- For patient referred outside of the practice, receipt of the report from the provider
How CMS Scores Your Performance
- If you successfully report a measure for less than 60 percent of your patients, you will earn points based on your practice size:
- Small practices (≤ 15 clinicians) will receive 3 points,
- Larger practices (> 15 clinicians) will receive 1 point.
- If you successfully report a measure for at least 60 percent of your patients, but do not report at least 20 cases, you will receive 3 points.
- If you report this measure for at least 60 percent of applicable patients and on at least 20 patients during a reporting period, you will earn points based on the decile that corresponds to your performance rate. Not all measures offer points for every decile.
||EHR (including EHR–IRIS integration)
||14.29 – 24.13
||24.14 – 33.57
||33.58 – 43.65
||43.66 – 54.33
||54.34 – 63.78
||63.79 – 74.99
||75.00 – 88.63