Thank you for your interest in the Research Support Grant Program offered through the AAO | AUPO Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program.
The deadlines to apply are January 23 and July 23, 2023.
The Research Support Grant Program strives to support students in obtaining a mentor to guide their ophthalmic research and provide funding for their research project.
- It is anticipated that up to 50 students will be awarded stipends each year, and those stipends would range from $1000 to $5000.
- Applications will be accepted twice a year.
- Research project duration is anticipated to be from one to six months. If needed, a student could request an additional period of funding, which would be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Following completion of the funded research project, each student provides a written report to the Research Support Grant Program Task Force.
- Students are expected to publish or present their research findings at a meeting.
Eligible candidates are:
- Active participants in the Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program
- M1, M2 or M3 student in good standing
- Interested in pursuing research
- Committed to take the lead and drive the research partnership
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact email@example.com.