AAO 2018: Where All of Ophthalmology Meets
AAO 2018, the Academy’s 122nd annual meeting, will take place Oct. 27 – 30, 2018 at McCormick Place in Chicago. This year's theme is "Art & Science".
Members of the media are welcome to attend this event and encouraged to register in advance. Media registration is free and open to editorial staff of credentialed media outlets. Freelance journalists must have a letter of assignment.
Registration for eligible members is now open.
Please have electronic copies of your credentials and/or letters of assignment available to upload while filling in the online registration form, as they are required for registration approval.
For more information on eligibility for attendance as press, please review the Academy's media registration policies and guidelines.
For Press Who Are Attending AAO 2018
In addition to receiving complimentary registration, qualifying members of the media will receive several AAO 2018 news resources, including:
- Invitations to scientific and policy-focused press briefings
- Breaking news updates from AAO 2018
- Embargoed press releases prior to and during the meeting
- Full access to the newsroom, with breakfast and lunch, served daily
The Media Conference room will be located in News Conference Room, N 426A, McCormick Place, Chicago. If you have questions, please contact the Academy’s public relations department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (415) 561-8534.
AAO 2018 Program Information
Abstracts for papers, posters, and all sessions will be available in the online Program Guide. Program information will be made available as it is finalized.
Find more information on AAO 2018 named lectures.
Subspecialty Day 2018
The Subspecialty Day meetings Oct. 26 & 27
- Cornea Subspecialty Day 2018
- Glaucoma Subspecialty Day 2018
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Subspecialty Day 2018
- Oculofacial Plastic Surgery Subspecialty Day 2018
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Subspecialty Day 2018
- Refractive Surgery Subspecialty Day 2018
- Retina Subspecialty Day 2018
Find out more about subspecialty day events and speakers.
For up-to-date information on lecture times and topics, speakers, and papers and posters being presented search the AAO 2018 Mobile Meeting Guide.