AAO Virtual: Where All of Ophthalmology Meets
AAO 2021, the Academy’s 125th annual meeting, will take place Nov. 12 – 15, 2021.
Members of the media are welcome to attend this event and encouraged to register in advance. Media registration is free and open to editorial staff of credentialed media outlets. Freelance journalists must have a letter of assignment.
Registration for eligible members will open in Fall 2021.
Please have electronic copies of your credentials and/or letters of assignment available to upload while filling in the online registration form, as they are required for registration approval.
For more information on eligibility for attendance as press, please review the Academy's media registration policies and guidelines.
For Press Who Are Attending AAO Virtual
In addition to receiving complimentary registration, qualifying members of the media will receive several AAO Virtual news resources, including:
- Invitations to scientific and policy-focused press briefings
- Breaking news updates from AAO Virtual
- Embargoed press releases prior to and during the meeting
- Full access to a virtual newsroom
- Admittance to over 100 hours of live broadcast, interactive sessions
- Unlimited access to 700 hours of additional on-demand content
- A robust virtual Exhibition where you can connect with industry representatives and learn about the latest products and services
If you have questions, please contact the Academy’s public relations department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (415) 561-8534.
AAO Virtual Program Information
The Virtual Meeting Guide is available to help you find the information needed to cover the largest ophthalmic meeting in the world. Abstracts, schedules, which presentations will be live and which recorded, and other program information.