Why Go Lean?
Using lean management strategies, ophthalmology practices can:
- Improve practice efficiency
- Decrease waste
- Increase profitability
- Improve patient satisfaction
How Lean Works
Lean encompasses these simple strategies:
- Know what your patients value. For many patients, this means more face time with care providers and reduced wait times.
- Find easy wins. Select a practice process challenge that will be relatively easy for your practice team to address.
- Try out your solution. Put your proposed solution into action and adjust as needed.
- Celebrate and share your successes. Easy wins build team solidarity and enthusiasm to continue improving the practice’s efficiency via lean.
AAOE Lean Resources
52 Lean Tips
As ophthalmic practices continue to face the challenge of decreasing profit margins, a renewed commitment to continuous process improvement utilizing lean principles can make a difference. As this can initially seem daunting, focusing on small, incremental changes can produce immediate results. AAOE® has committed to providing 52 Weeks of Lean throughout 2023 to offer focused and relevant tips to improve efficiencies and ultimately maximize profitability.
Additional Lean Resources