Skip to main content
  • Billing Tests for Inpatient Exams

    Question: If I see inpatients (hospital or emergency department) and bring in my own portable B-Scan or handheld camera, do I submit 92250 or 76512?

    Answer: You should only submit the professional component with modifier -26. When tests are performed in the hospital or emergency department, it is as if the facility owns the equipment.