Before publicly posting information, CMS will give physicians 45 days to review submitted data and initiate disputes. CMS will host pre-publication data on a secure online portal.
- Login or register in the Enterprise Portal to get your Open Payments user ID.
- Use that user ID to register in the Open Payments system and review your data.
Note: Registration involves several steps and confirmation of your identity. Refer to the detailed CMS registration guide for step-by-step instructions. You can also contact the Open Payments help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855.326.8366. The help desk is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. CT, excluding federal holidays.
- Physicians and hospitals have 45 days to initiate disputes over the data reported. View the CMS dispute-process overview.
- If the dispute is not resolved during this 45-day period, physicians will have an additional 15 days to reach a resolution.
- If the dispute continues, the data will still be posted to the public Web page but flagged as “Disputed.”
- Physicians will be able to seek correction or contest reports for two years after they first get access to reports with disputed information.
For more information about the review and dispute process, visit the Physicians page on the Open Payments website.