Scientific Session Presenters
All Subspecialty Day and annual meeting session room presenters are sent an email from email@example.com with instructions on how to upload your PowerPoint/Keynote presentations before and during the meeting via the AAO Presentation Management System.
All Subspecialty Day presentations are in session rooms.
Do not submit your presentation in advance:
- Bring your presentation on a USB flash drive or CD to load it into the presentation PC laptop available in your course room. Review the audio/visual equipment available for course rooms.
- You can preview your presentation and test embedded videos on the computers in the Speaker Ready Room - they have the same capabilities as those in the course rooms. Read more about the Speaker Ready Room below.
- Encourage attendees to evaluate your course. A PowerPoint slide template will be made available for you to download.
Speaker Ready Room
AV technicians in the Speaker Ready Room will go through your presentation(s) to verify that:
- The presentation will run on the equipment in the session rooms,
- All fonts are compatible, and
- The videos will play.
If you are presenting in a session room, once your presentation has been reviewed it will automatically be sent to the session room so the Room AV Coordinator has your talk in the lineup. Larger presentations will take longer to load so it is important that you submit your presentation no later than 4 hours in advance of your scheduled presentation time. Presenters with early morning sessions should submit their materials by 4 p.m. the preceding day.
Commercial Free Zone
To comply with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) guidelines as well as create an environment free of perceived commercial bias and financial interest, representatives from commercial companies are not allowed in the Speaker Ready Room.