Registration for AAO 2019 includes the following:
- Academy Café panels
- Learning Lounge discussions
- Original paper sessions
- Printed meeting program
- ePoster theater & lounge
- Spotlight Sessions
- Technology Pavilion presentations
- Video program
When you register for AAO 2019 you can also purchase:
- An Academy Plus course pass for unlimited access to Academy instruction courses and AAOE/practice management courses.
- Tickets to Skills Transfer labs and special meetings and events.
Several fraudulent companies, pretending to be associated with the Academy and AAO 2019, may appear in web searches or may have contacted you via email. These companies claim that they can book hotel rooms and/or register you for the Academy's annual meeting, but they are unaffiliated with the Academy. The Academy continues to work through legal channels to shut these false websites down, but new ones pop up every day.
Registration and hotel reservations for AAO 2019 do not open until June 2019. Fraudulent sites may promise that they can register you or “prebook” rooms. They may request deposits or even demand full prepayment. These fraudulent sites will take your money and may, or may not, secure a room or register you. If they do complete the transaction, it will be at a higher price than through the Academy’s website. Note that an Academy representative will never ask you to verify your membership by requesting both a member ID and password.
It is very important that you only book hotel rooms and registration through the Academy’s website. The Academy does not use an additional, or special website for AAO 2019. The official hotel reservation provider for AAO 2019 is Expovision. If you are ever in doubt you can email email@example.com or call 1.415.561.8500, or contact Expovision directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1.866.774.0487.
AAO 2019 Registration Fees
Academy Members in Training Discount
As a member benefit, Academy members in training receive:
- 50 percent discount on all Skills Transfer labs ticket purchases. This discount is automatically applied to the ticket price unless otherwise noted.
- Discounted price of $100 for the Academy Plus course pass.
The discounts outlined above do not apply to nonmember physicians in training.
2019 Subspecialty Day Registration Fees
Subspecialty Day registration includes:
- Flexibility to float among meetings: One-day meeting registrants can float between the meetings taking place that day; two-day registrants are free to attend any presentation taking place on Friday or Saturday.
- Access to the Exhibition on Saturday if you are registered for a Subspecialty Day meeting taking place on Saturday.
- Detailed course syllabi.
- Continental breakfast.
- Coffee breaks.
Due to limited seating, Subspecialty Day meetings may sell out. Tickets will be sold on a first-come basis.
In 2019, choose among seven Subspecialty Day meetings.
- Friday, Oct. 11 Only: Refractive Surgery
- Friday, Oct. 11, and Saturday, Oct. 12: Retina
- Saturday, Oct. 12 Only:
- Oculofacial Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Subspecialty Day Faculty
Invited Subspecialty Day faculty members will receive complimentary registration for the Subspecialty Day meeting in which they are participating. The Academy will automatically register you.
2019 AAOE Half-Day Coding Sessions Registration
- You may register for one or both coding sessions.
- It is not necessary to register for AAO 2019 in order to attend a coding session.
- Due to limited capacities, coding sessions may sell out. Any remaining tickets will be sold onsite on a first-come basis.
- Registration fee includes coding workbook and either breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Registration fees will be available soon.
Attendance by Optometrists
- Only optometrists who are members of the American Academy of Optometry and who have been selected for presentation may attend AAO 2019.
- If optometrists included on an accepted abstract are not members of the American Academy of Optometry, they may not attend AAO 2019.
- Optometrists may not attend Subspecialty Day.
For information about registering a group of 10 or more, contact email@example.com.
- Required for groups registering 10 or more attendees.
- Agreements, timelines and registration information will be provided.
International Group Housing
Visit AAO International Group Housing, the official AAO 2019 international group housing provider, to discover more about their all-inclusive housing packages available to international medical attendees.