Registration for AAO 2020 includes the following:
- Academy Café panels
- Learning Lounge discussions
- Original paper sessions
- Printed meeting program
- Poster Theater presentations
- Poster Discussions
- Spotlight Sessions
- Technology Pavilion presentations
- Video program
Several fraudulent companies, pretending to be associated with the Academy and AAO 2020, may appear in web searches or may have contacted you via email. Fraudulent sites can appear similar to the Academy's site, in some cases even using the Academy's logo. They claim that they can book hotel rooms and/or register you for the Academy's annual meeting but they are unaffiliated with the Academy. They will take your money and may, or may not, complete the transaction. If they do reserve a room or register you it will be at a higher rate than through the Academy’s website. The Academy continues to work through legal channels to shut these false websites down, but new ones pop up every day.
How to Spot a Fake
- The site says that they can “prebook” hotel rooms.
- They request a deposit larger than one night stay or even demand full prepayment.
- They require you to complete a form on their website and then make you wait to be contacted about rooms.
- They are charging more for registration than is posted below.
- They ask you to verify your membership by requesting both a member ID and password.
- The email links you to a "special" website for AAO 2020 that is not connected to AAO.org.
Avoid Scams, Use the Academy's Site
To avoid these scams, it is very important that you only book hotel rooms and registration through the links provided by the Academy. The official hotel reservation provider for AAO 2020 is Expovision. Be sure to verify the site address in any link before continuing.
If you are ever in doubt, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.415.561.8500, or contact Expovision directly: email@example.com or toll free at 1.866.774.0487.
AAO 2020 Registration Fees
When you register for AAO 2020 you can also purchase the Academy Plus course pass. This pass gives you unlimited access to Academy instruction courses and AAOE/practice management courses.
Buy Academy Plus, Automatically Get Meetings on Demand
Now when you purchase the Academy Plus course pass you will gain complimentary access to the Meetings on Demand Highlights package—including dozens of hours from the AAOE Practice Management Program. Learn more.
Skills Transfer Labs, Special Meetings & Events
Tickets to Skills Transfer labs, as well as special meetings and events, must be purchased separately when you register for AAO 2020.
Many Skills Transfer labs are preceeded by a didactic lecture (listed in the program as LEC). Attendance is no longer required at these lectures, but it is strongly recommended. Skills Transfer lectures are included in the Academy Plus course pass.
Academy Members in Training Discount
As a member benefit, Academy members in training receive:
- 50 percent discount on all Skills Transfer labs ticket purchases. This discount is automatically applied to the ticket price unless otherwise noted.
- Discounted price for the Academy Plus course pass.
The discounts outlined above do not apply to nonmember physicians in training.
2020 Subspecialty Day Registration Fees
Subspecialty Day registration includes:
- Flexibility to float among meetings: One-day meeting registrants can float between the meetings taking place that day; two-day registrants are free to attend any presentation taking place on Friday or Saturday.
- Access to the Exhibition on Saturday if you are registered for a Subspecialty Day meeting taking place on Saturday.
- Detailed course syllabi.
- Continental breakfast.
- Coffee breaks.
Due to limited seating, Subspecialty Day meetings may sell out. Tickets will be sold on a first-come basis.
Get Meetings On Demand With Your Registration
Now when you register for a Subspecialty Day meeting you will gain complimentary access to the All-Subspecialty Meetings on Demand package. Learn more.
Subspecialty Day Faculty
Invited Subspecialty Day faculty members will receive complimentary registration for the Subspecialty Day meeting in which they are participating. The Academy will automatically register you.
2020 AAOE Half-Day Coding Sessions Registration
- You may register for one or both coding sessions.
- It is not necessary to register for AAO 2020 in order to attend a coding session.
- Due to limited capacities, coding sessions may sell out. Any remaining tickets will be sold onsite on a first-come basis.
- Registration fee includes coding workbook and either breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Registration fees will be available soon.
Attendance by Optometrists
- Only optometrists who are members of the American Academy of Optometry and who have been selected for presentation may attend AAO 2020.
- If optometrists included on an accepted abstract are not members of the American Academy of Optometry, they may not attend AAO 2020.
- Optometrists may not attend Subspecialty Day.
For information about registering a group of 10 or more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required for groups registering 10 or more attendees.
- Agreements, timelines and registration information will be provided.