JUL 22, 2021
Coding Top 10: Unbundling 92250 with 92133 or 92134, Denials for testing services with code N433, Determining the correct modifier
Coding Top 10, July 2021
Ask the Academy Coding Experts is an online resource for trusted responses to your coding questions.
The Academy Coding Experts receive daily questions at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to providing accurate responses so that practices are confident in their billing and coding.
Get trusted answers to your coding questions from the Academy’s coding experts, so you can bill and code with confidence. The July coding selections include:
- Unbundling 92250 with 92133 or 92134
We have heard so many opinions on unbundling. As we prepare best or worse case scenarios for an audit, when can/should you unbundle these tests?
- Billing ultrasound same day as cataract surgery
What code and modifier should I use, and can I charge the ultrasound at all?
- If visual fields and retinal nerve fiber layer OCTs are performed on the same day, are they covered by insurance?
Is there any website or person that I can contact to find out if visual fields and retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL ) OCTs are covered by insurance if performed on the same day?
- Palmetto, our Medicare administrative contractor (MAC) is denying ICD-10 code H53.40
Isn't this listed as a payable diagnosis?
- Is a Schirmer’s test is billable?
Can you tell me if a Schirmer’s test is billable?
- Denials for testing services with code N433
What we are doing wrong to get this denial code?
- We injected a patient with clindaymcin. When I searched, all I found was an S code. Can you confirm this is true?
We injected a patient with clindaymcin. When I searched, all I found was an S code. Can you confirm this is true?
- Billing when Avastin is performed bilaterally
Would HCPCS code J7999 since it has MPFS indicator of 9 and bilateral Sx concept does not qualify to be reimbursed at 100% per eye?
- Commercial payer denying claims for Avastin
We are having issues with a commercial payer denying claims for Avastin? They are denying these claims stating that the National Drug Code (NDC) number should be 11 digits not 10. Any information is helpful.
- Determining the correct modifier
We need help determining the correct modifier to use on a claim.