Supporting Your Success With Unique Benefits
Ioannis Datseris, MD, and A. John Kanellopoulos, MD, connected during the Academy’s annual meeting — the best place to get live, hands-on instruction, interact with world-class presenters and expand one’s network.
As a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology — the world’s leading association of eye physicians and surgeons — you’re an integral part of a global community with a common goal to protect sight and empower lives. Only Academy members reap the full rewards of our programs. Free annual meeting registration, unrestricted access to innovative educational media, cutting-edge research and more members-only benefits all help support your success and provide the highest-quality care your patients deserve.
Embracing your feedback to increase value and meet your needs
Member feedback is crucial to the growth of Academy programs. We rely on membership data to develop and enhance programs and services that are both responsive and relevant to your needs. The ONE Network, IRIS Registry, Ophthalmology Glaucoma journal and Retina Express e-newsletter are examples of resources that evolved from your ideas and insights. In addition, concerns about physician depression and physical pain prompted us to develop wellness resources designed to help individuals and practices restore their well-being.
The AAO 2018 wellness program included two sessions offering practical tips. These initiatives increase the value of membership and in turn, allow us to thrive as individuals and as a 32,000-member community.
As a result, our 2018 Member Engagement Survey indicates outstanding satisfaction rates among practicing ophthalmologists:
- 95% (international) and 86% (U.S.) believe the Academy helps them be better ophthalmologists
- 90% (U.S.) see the Academy as the leading source for reliable ophthalmic information and education
- 89% (U.S.) feel the Academy’s advocacy efforts provide an effective voice for the profession
- 93% (international) see the Academy as the leader in developing global standards and guidelines for quality eye care
Delivering solutions for the full spectrum of challenges you face
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is the leading resource for ophthalmic education and practice resources. Stay on top of the latest clinical developments, grow your network and improve practice efficiency with your exclusive member benefits that are included with your yearly dues:
- AAO 2019 — Where All of Ophthalmology Meets®: Free registration for the preeminent annual meeting (a $975 value)
- ONE Network: Unrestricted access to thousands of self-assessment questions, instructional videos, interactive quizzes and courses (a $3,900 value*)
- IRIS Registry: Use of the largest medical clinical registry — and No. 1 money-saving MIPS reporting tool (U.S.) (a $23,250 value*)
- Ophthalmology® journal, EyeNet® Magazine and 12 other peer-reviewed journals (a $1,862 value)
- Mid-Year Forum: Invitations (U.S.) to meet with legislators and help shape ophthalmology’s future