NOV 06, 2017
Cataract/Anterior Segment, Glaucoma
In this presentation from AAO 2016, Richard A. Lewis, MD, presents his top-5 pearls in managing complicated cataract cases.
- Does the patient really have glaucoma? Check their IOP and visual fields; do a fundus exam or OCT; and perform gonioscopy.
- Glaucoma patients want to see! The goal is to maximize refractive correction.
- Glaucoma patients want off their drops. Cataract surgery lowers IOP 20%.
- Glaucoma patients are more likely to have poor visualization which results in capsular tears and other complications, so be careful.
- Anticipate postop rise in IOP.