A national workshop will be held on leading-edge topics in the field of children’s vision on Friday, Sept. 9, 2016, at the Kellogg Eye Center in Ann Arbor, MI.
The 1-day meeting features interactive sessions covering recent research in the detection and care of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), and the detection and care of prevalent eye diseases in children.
The first focus area covers screening and the use telemedicine, as well as laser and anti-VEGF treatment modalities. Discussions will include issues related to the adequacy of resources from the perspectives of neonatologists, pediatricians and ophthalmologists.
The second portion of the meeting explores the methodology and legislation of screening methods for common pediatric conditions, the causes of disparities in care, and how to implement community-based care.
Attendance is free, though advance registration is required.
Invited National Speakers include:
• John D. Baker, M.D. - Pediatric Ophthalmologist, Children’s Eye Care, West Bloomfield, MI; Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Wayne State University School of Medicine; Member, Board of Trustees, Children’s Hospital of Michigan (CHM) and the CHM Foundation
• Kira N. Baldonado - Director, National Center for Children's Vision & Eye Health, Prevent Blindness, Chicago, IL
• Michael F. Chiang, M.D. - Knowles Professor of Ophthalmology, Medical Informatics, and Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR
• Sean P. Donahue, M.D., Ph.D. - Coleman Professor and Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs; Chief, Pediatric Ophthalmology Service, Vanderbilt Eye Institute, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
• Alex R. Kemper, M.D., MPH, M.S. - Professor of Pediatrics and Professor in Community and Family Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC
• Rachel A. Schumann, Ph.D., R.N. - Vision Consultant, State of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Lansing, MI
• Michael T. Trese, M.D. - Clinical Professor of Biomedical Sciences, Oakland University; Clinical Associate Professor, Wayne State University School of Medicine; Chief of Pediatric and Adult Vitreoretinal Surgery, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI
University of Michigan Faculty Speakers include:
John Barks, M.D.; Cagri Besirli, M.D., Ph.D.; David Burke, Ph.D.; Joshua Ehrlich, M.D., MPH; Bruce Furr, C.O., Ph.D.; Paul Lee, M.D., J.D.; David Musch, Ph.D., MPH; Joseph Myers, OD; Lisa Prosser, Ph.D.; Joshua Stein, M.D., M.S.
Register online with the Kellogg Eye Center http://kellogg.umich.edu/education/cmeannual.html