JAN 18, 2017
Education in professional standards for the ethical practice of ophthalmology is one of the primary goals of the Ethics Committee. The Jerome W. Bettman Sr., MD, Ethics Education Lecture Program is one way the committee accomplishes that goal.
What to Expect
- The lectures are comprised of a presentation and Q & A portion, and are designed to encourage practical problem solving and to explore larger ethical concepts. The interactive lectures focus on topics unique to residency education as well as the practicing ophthalmologist. Ethics Committee members and staff present the lecture program, which can easily be tailored to the needs of the sponsoring organization.
How to Schedule a Lecture
- To schedule a lecture, contact the Academy ethics manager, Mara Pearse Burke, at 319.351.0440 or email@example.com. Requests should include several possible dates for your proposed lecture and should be made at least three to six months before the desired date of the lecture.
Lecture Calendar and Locations January 2017 →
- Univ of Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary, Chicago - April 13, 2017
- Virginia Society of Ophthalmology, Green Brier, VA - Jun 10, 2017
- Iowa Eye Association Annual Meeting, Iowa City, IA - Jun 9/10, 2017
- Univ of Alabama, Birmingham - Oct 13, 2017
- AOCOO-HNS, Detroit, MI - Oct 14/15, 2017
- Weill-Cornell Medical Center, New York - Oct 31, 2017
- New York University, New York - Nov 1, 2017