JAN 18, 2017
Education in professional standards for the ethical practice of ophthalmology is one of the primary goals of the Ethics Committee. The Jerome W. Bettman Sr., MD, Ethics Education Lecture Program is one way the committee accomplishes that goal.
What to Expect
- The lectures are comprised of a presentation and Q & A portion, and are designed to encourage practical problem solving and to explore larger ethical concepts. The interactive lectures focus on topics unique to residency education as well as the practicing ophthalmologist. Ethics Committee members and staff present the lecture program, which can easily be tailored to the needs of the sponsoring organization.
How to Schedule a Lecture
- To schedule a lecture, contact the Academy ethics manager, Mara Pearse Burke, at 319.351.0440 or email@example.com. Requests should include several possible dates for your proposed lecture and should be made at least three to six months before the desired date of the lecture.
Lecture Calendar and Locations July 2016 → 2017
- Univ of Illinois, Chicago – Jul 2016
- Peruvian Ophthalmology Congress, Lima, Peru - Aug 18-20, 2016
- Nevada Academy of Ophthalmology, Reno - Sep 25, 2016
- Univ of Utah, Salt Lake City – Nov 8/9, 2016
- Connecticut Society of Eye Physicians, Scientific Meeting, Plantsville – Jan 13, 2017
- Utah Ophthalmology Society, Salt Lake City - Mar 3, 2017
- Univ of Illinois Eye & Ear Informary, Chicago - Apr 13, 2017
- Iowa Eye Association, Iowa City - Jun 9/10, 2017
- Virginia Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons, Wintergreen - Jun 10, 2017
- Univ of Alabama, Birmingham - Oct 13, 2017
- American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery (AOCOOHNS), Detroit, Oct 14/15, 2017