SEP 06, 2018
Education in professional standards for the ethical practice of ophthalmology is one of the primary goals of the Ethics Committee. The Jerome W. Bettman Sr., MD, Ethics Education Lecture Program is one way the committee accomplishes that goal.
What to Expect
- The lectures are comprised of a presentation and Q & A portion, and are designed to encourage practical problem solving and to explore larger ethical concepts. The interactive lectures focus on topics unique to residency education as well as the practicing ophthalmologist. Ethics Committee members and staff present the lecture program, which can easily be tailored to the needs of the sponsoring organization.
How to Schedule a Lecture
- To schedule a lecture, contact the Academy ethics manager, Mara Pearse Burke, at 319.351.0440 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should include several possible dates for your proposed lecture and should be made at least three to six months before the desired date of the lecture.
Lecture Calendar and Locations January 2018 →
- SUNY Syracuse, Syracuse, NY - April 6, 2018
- UCSF, San Francsico, CA - July 6, 2018 (CANCELLED)
- New England Ophthalmological Society (NEOS) - Sept 28, 2018
- Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR - May 17, 2019