JUN 11, 2019
AAO 2019 First-Time Attendee Tips
The AAOE Board welcomes you to AAO 2019 and shares their advice for first-time attendees:
Preparing for the Conference
- Register and confirm your hotel reservation.
- Join the AAOE E-talk listserv to network with your peers before the meeting.
- What to pack: 1. business cards 2. cell phone charger 3. two pairs of comfortable walking shoes and 4. a sweater or layered clothing for hot or cold meeting rooms and hotels.
At the Conference
- Academy Staff (wearing red badge ribbons) can help answer basic conference-related questions.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the conference.
- Do not wear your name tag outside the Moscone Center.
- Buy tickets or the Academy Plus course pass in the ticket sales area in the Moscone Center.
- Turn your cell phone to silent in the meeting rooms.
- Write notes on the back of others’ business cards to remind you what you learned or what you were going to do in regard to this person or company.
- Remember to use the AAOE Lounge.
Visit the Exhibit Floor
- Plan to visit the Academy exhibit floor to find the latest ophthalmic products and equipment.
- Save 10 percent when you purchase Academy products at the Academy Resource Center during the meeting (Moscone Center, West, Booth 7337).
- The Mobile Meeting Guide is the source for the latest meeting information, course handouts and evaluations. View the tutorial video for Guide instructions.
- The Meeting Program is a printed, at-a-glance guide to AAO 2019, Subspecialty Day and the AAOE Practice Management Program. It is distributed on site.
Connect with Colleagues
Visit the AAOE Lounge
- Relax and connect with peers from around the country at the AAOE Lounge (Moscone Center, South, Room 216).
- The AAOE Lounge hours:
Saturday, Oct. 12 to Monday, Oct. 14: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 15: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Join us at the AAOE Member Mixer
- The Mixer is open exclusively to AAOE members and their guests (Moscone South, Level 3).
Sunday, Oct. 13: 5:45 p.m. to 7 p.m.